Thursday, November 3, 2011

Honestly??

I think Halloween is basically the most ridiculous holiday known to man. Why is it even classified as a holiday?? Sorry, but I just don't get off on "celebrating" a day of scary/satanic things. I had no clue the huge deal halloween is to people until this year. All the "I love Halloween" business going on on FB and other blogs I'm just like totally baffled as to why anyone would love such a day.... but I suppose as I have my opinion on the matter, so does everyone else.

Now that I've lost all the halloween lovers, I digress.

Growing up we always went to Chuck E Cheese on this particular day each year. Although my parents didn't want us participating halloween festivities, they still wanted to make it fun for us... and they did! I never had a problem not dressing up and going trick or treating. This was definitely a tradition that I wanted to pass onto my family. When my kids get older and wanna do their own (sane/safe/logical) thing for halloween, so be it!

So anyways... sorry bout that intro. Just had to get it off my chest before I continued. For halloween we got the kids dressed up in a few things we had layin around the house and we took them (since we don't have a chuck e cheese.... or for that matter, anything fun for kids around here) to the safe stops here in Lovington. Thought it would be a fun, safe, not scary thing that they would enjoy. It was fun. They enjoyed getting to go around and get candy.

For starters, we had a pirate. a pumpkin, and of course, a Princess. I find all 3 costumes to be rather fitting for their personalities. 






Payton the people watcher. ;)




checkin out all her goodies.

Ya... see that runny nose??I got a buncha snotty hackin kids in my house this week!

In between me getting a root canal done, and getting home and getting the kids ready, I had this bright idea to go to Lubbock and go to Chuck E. Cheese....  After going back and forth, We decided we would stick with the safe stop idea and maybe go after that. 

We went.... and by the time we got there, it was 30 mins till closing time.... so thanks to the good 'ol Yelp app (if you dont have it, GET IT!!!) we found another place called Caboose that had a game room and a fun area for kids.... and for us crazy people who drive an hour and a half from home a couple hours before bed time to have FUN.... it was open till 11. It was perfect and the kids did great... and we all had a great time and I wouldn't have changed the crazy, random trip for nothin!







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...