Friday, March 6, 2009

Big girl

Madelynn and I are sittin here in our pj's watchin Little House on the Praire. It is a lazy day for us... Fridays usually are.  :)

Anyways... A few days ago, we had our first (successful) experience with REAL food... the good stuff. When we eat meals, I always put Madelynn in her high chair and feed her the same time we eat. She turns her nose up to the stuff in the jar and wants whats on momma and daddys plate. Reaching with all her arm length to try to get it. If I am holding her or she is just that close, she gets a huge fistful of whatever it is that we are eating. So I feel horrible making her eat that same stuff, just pureed. I gave in. She had macaroni, Green Beans and chicken. She loved every second of it and cried when I didnt get it to her quick enough. So... I am all for saving money and feeding her what we eat. 

Another exciting thing goin on in the Rose household is a certain someone  finally is able to sit up on her own (without a boppy.) Something that I have been working on for months. Madelynn spent the first 5 or so months of her life looking at everything with her head to the left. She never held her head up straight till about 5  1/2 - 6 months. Kinda later than usual. My personal opinion is that when she was in my tummy, she never had her neck straight so her muscles never developed correctly on the left side. (several people have told me stories about this. Im not just makin it up.) So, I worked and worked with her for months. changing the side that I hold her on, stretching her neck to the other direction, re arranging her room and the things in it to make her look in the other direction to stretch the muscles, tummy time, sitting up in the bumbo.

see what I mean??

So I believe that this slowed down holding her head up, eating baby food, (was not able to till 6 months) and sitting up. So to me, this is big and exciting and thing!!

That is such a great picture. I could look at it all day. All my hard work and frustration has payed off!! She is such a big girl.

Anyways, I am lookin forward to our family grocery shopping date tonight. We haven't gone out together in a looong time with all these sickeys around here lately. Im gonna try to get daddy to take us to the mall to do a little shopping. I dont think that Madelynn has enough clothes. Ha... well... maybe she does. I need to get her some dang shorts and short sleeved shirts. Who knew winter would end in February?? Thats a good excuse to tell him right?? :)

Dryer has stopped and so must laziness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...