Sunday, July 19, 2009

Madelynn Part 1

Today, one year ago, It was a Saturday and we didnt have much on our agenda. We were having a get together with all the Roses around lunch time and then after that. we HAD to go to town so Nat could get fitted for a tux for a wedding he was in. He had put it off way to long. We had talked about not going to the family get together and just going to town but Sharon REALLY wanted us to go for some odd reason so we just went ahead and went.

So we get to the cabin and walk in (we walked in with Nats mom, dad, and brother and his brothers famiy)  and we hear SURPRISE!! What?? surprise ..who in the heck would need a surprise party right now... thats weird.. oh well.... WAIT!! there is baby stuff everywhere, there is a baby cake, baby gifts... this is a surprise for us!! I was soooooo surprised.. I am a pretty sneaky person and it is very hard to surprise me but they got me! So after I realized this party was for Us and our baby, I was rather relieved because my other shower was not till Aug 2 (i think) and I was quite nervous cuz we had absolutely nothing ready for this baby and I was due Aug. 12. So we did the shower thing, played a few games, ate cake, and opened gifts... and hallelujah!! We got a crib, dresser and changing table set. We were sooo happy! We got lots of other great stuff but that was one thing that  we desperately needed and I was so relieved. 

We left and headed for town and hurried back so we could get all of our goodies set up and ready. Nat went in "the babies room" (as we called it, cuz remember, we didnt know what we were having) and shut the door and informed me not to come in till he said. So I stayed out and kinda cleaned and straightened up, there was stuff EVERYWHERE. Our house was a disaster just from all the goodies everywhere and kinda startin to get stuff ready to go the hospital. I had sat down and made a list of stuff I would need to pack and stuff Nat would need and of course, all the stuff for the baby for the hospital.... after all, I still had pretty much 4 weeks to go. But I planned to pack it all up the next day (sunday) We had also planned to go to  church on Sunday and then go to the hospital to register so that when I actually did go into labor, I didnt have to sit and register everything while in labor.
This is what the babies room looked like at this point

Around 11:30 pm, Nat finally comes out and tells me to close my eyes and come in the room. ....
It looked so wonderful!! 

and I pretty much looked like this...


humongous... swollen and swollen and not so wonderful...

So we eventually head to bed, house still a crazy mess. We had a small argument about whether or not we would go to church the next day (I know, I know). Nat was very tired and wanted to sleep in. I on the other hand wanted to go to church. We settled with if we wake up in time to go we will go, if not , we would just stay home and head to town later to register at the hospital. 

tomorrow... you will hear the rest of the story. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...