Monday, December 7, 2009

My child...

Is that child. Its true she is. You know, the one that when you drop 'em off in the nursery she cries the whole time. Not that thats a bad thing. She is with me all day, every day so when I just up and leave her... she is a bit confused and upset about it. BUT... I, having done childcare since I was old enough to walk, always judged that child and that child's mother. They would drop their kid off and say "Now I've never really left her with anyone she does not know, so she may cry" I spoke those words.. and there she went.

My heart felt bad for the mostly not nice thoughts I had for that mother. I told Nat I wish I could go back and apologize to all those moms who I thought were ridiculous (please note that I NO LONGER think this) for never having left there child and for wanting to get a phone call if there baby did not stop crying. That was me. I left my baby, she cried and wanted me, my heart cried with her and I wanted a phone call if she did not stop! I have learned soooo much more about children having my own, and having a mommas heart and not just a childcare providers heart. Make sense??? But... I guess you live and learn right??

Anyways... now that I have made my confession of the day. Lets get on to some less important things. Like how Mondays are no fun a) cuz Nat goes back to work. b) everything from the weekend is starring you right in the face. c) meaning you have loads of laundry... dishes, and cleaning to do.. and last but not least d) The time has come to pay bills. Thats what I have been doing today. Laundry, dishes, straightening up the house, paying bills and also I got our Christmas cards all addressed and ready to be stamped and sent away. Its been a fulfilling day.

Which brings me to my next subject. The other day, we went over to my parents house for dinner and we had s'mores for dessert. Madelynn found the marshmallow bag and made herself right at home eating her marshmallows right by the fire.

Have you ever thought of the word marshmallow??? How weird of a word is that??? It got me to wondering about what the heck the meaning was behind that word.. or even if there was a meaning. This is it!! Rather intresting. OK.. Im retarded and I might just have a little to much time on my hands at this given moment. I should be sleeping while my children do, rather I am looking up stuff about marshmallows.... and in case your like me and you could keep asking why, why, why until your 100% satisfied and feel like you know enough about that subject.. this is what a marshmallow plant looks like.



Don't you feel smarter???


1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY hear you on the whole being that mom with that child! Glad to hear I am not alone. And yeah...i made all those same judgements, but now we understand!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...