Thursday, July 29, 2010

2 year check-up and an update.

**Scroll down if you missed the vacation blog**
Madelynn had her 2 year check up yesterday and she is right on track. Dr Wehner was impressed with her talking and the fact that she is potty trained. She weighed in at a whopping 24 lbs. No doubt she is a little girl. She was in the 25th percentile for everything. All in all, she is perfect! She had to get 2 shots and get her blood drawn so that aspect of it wasn't fun but she did pretty well. Once it was over, she was pretty much over it. She did great. I am so proud of the little girl she has become.

-She is talking so well and expressing herself. Putting 3 and 4 words together, tells us when she wants or needs something.
-She loves to 'gump' (jump)
-She has done well without having her daddy here. She has a lot to keep her from thinking about him which makes it easier on me cuz I don't know what I'll do the day that she cries for him and he wont be here.
-Loves her little sister to pieces.
-Knows where her bubba is and seems like she might slightly know that there is something going on with my growing stomach and us calling it "bubba"
-Still loves Toy Story, but is slowly getting un-obsessed with it.
-Loves to watch movies. Jungle book, Nemo, and The Incredibles are big ones right now.
-Is potty trained (YEA!!!!!)

I saw my Dr. the other day and she pretty much just said the same thing Dr. Sutliff (who was on call this weekend while I was in the hospital) said. Complete bed rest till the baby is born. She will be glad if I can make it to 37 weeks. She also said that I lost so much blood that if this happens again, I will likely have to have a blood transfusion, which those are scary words... not words I wanted to hear. But, praise God, my blood count stayed up for the amount that I lost. Basically this is all going to be a wait and see thing, and every second that he is in there counts right now!!

When we found out we were having a boy, I convinced Nat that we should sell all of our "old" baby stuff and start over brand new. So we did just that... and with all this going on with me, and not knowing when or if Stetson would be here anytime soon, I have got on the ball with getting all the fun baby stuff that we all look forward to with a new baby. Of course its not as fun sitting on the couch doing online shopping as it would be to go out and to look, and feel and decided what you want. I didn't want to spend the hundreds of dollars on a new swing that would be huge and take up tons of space and that he may or may not like... And another chunk of money on a bouncer because lets face it, you really can't live without one of those (at least I couldn't with my girls). So I found this perfect solution! It is exactly what I wanted for him. Something small, that I could put him in while he was a newborn and not worry about him slouching, or falling out... and it would swing and vibrate, all the while serving the helpful purpose of a bouncer that can be taken from room to room.


I am so glad I found it! I was beginning to think what I wanted was not out there. I got some more stuff ordered that we needed and Kinsey is going to help me make a bumper pad for the crib. Its just a matter of someone going to the store for me and getting the fabric and stuff we need.

Speaking of that.. have you ever had to depend on someone to go to the store for you. It really sucks. Sure, if Nat were here, he would just go when I needed him to... but to sit around and wait for someone to mention they need to go to the store so you can have some deodorant really is not ideal. I don't wanna ask people to make a special trip just for me cuz really, who wants to do that... especially when they have had a day filled with there own responsibilities AND my children. Its really frustrating. I so badly wanna get in the car and go to the store and get my list of stuff I need. Grr... as you can tell, I am not liking this one bit. I feel like I am letting people down. Mostly my girls. What if they don't see me as their momma, what if they start to think other care takers are there mom?? What if they think I have failed them because I can't pick them up?? What happens when this is all over?? Will I have to earn back my mom-ness in their eyes?? Will they think of me the same as I sit on the chair across the room while someone else holds them while they have to get shots? I hope that things won't change like I feel like they will, but I can't help but to wonder how this affects a 1 and a 2 year old.. not even mentioning the fact that there daddy has mysteriously disappeared . I hope that they understand that I have the responsibility to take care of their brother right now, and only their brother. Please pray for them. They seem to be adjusting well to being away from me a lot.. heck, they probably haven't thought twice about it. I am grateful for so many family members that are more than willing to help us right now, and for the fact that my girls love them.

Anyways... I know I am rambling but just wanted to give an update on Nat real quick. Lots and lots of people are asking me about him. He is have a BLAST!!!!!!! He is with 3 other guys for the week and he says it seems like they have all been best buds since the beginning of time. They all get along great and he said they just laugh and laugh when they are together. I am so grateful! I was worried he would leave us and have to sit around in his spare time thinking about us (HA!) We haven't even got to talk a whole lot because he is running to go do something with the guys. I wouldn't have it any other way tho. The work aspect of it is also going well. They are mostly just doing safety training all week and learning and taking in A LOT of information. He is very happy and really thinks that he is going to like this job. He will fly out on Saturday and go to New Mexico and as far as I know, start work on Sunday. He was able to find out when his days off were going to be so there is and end in sight and we will hopefully be able to see him Aug 7. So not to terribly much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...