Wednesday, December 26, 2018

"There's a goat in my kitchen...

and other tails from the Rosestead"
(pun intended)
would be the name of my book if ever I were to write one. Life is cray over here, y'all! I need to bottle it all up right at this very moment because I know these are the best days. 



A neighbor drove by our house the other day, said "Hi", and although probably not intending to, his next words stung me a bit as he commented on all that was going on outside.

There's lots of kids out here running around, riding bikes, jumping on the trampoline, falling off things, and playing tag... and there's babies that are helping me gather eggs, and 3 dogs in the back yard that bark at squirrels and birds and ducks, and the cat that likes to play on the trampoline and torture squirrels from the ground, and you'll almost always find our chickens running around, living their best life. 
They're all living a good, good life. They're learning the goodness of life. They're all fed, loved, kept warm, and there's a whole lotta LOVE and LIFE happening in our home. 


It's loud, its expensive, It's overwhelming some days, its beautiful, it's insane..... (and we need 300 acres out in the middle of nowhere to feed all these mouths, and raise all these babies) 

This is our norm. This is what Nat and I both dreamed about growing up. We found each other and made it happen. I hope that wherever you're at in life. Whether it looks similar to ours, or whether your life is the exact opposite, embrace it! Life is short. Life is sweet, we only get a few of "the best years" Take 'em by the horns and make the best of it. Live in the moment.
Things may not be rockin' and rollin' like you think they should (I've been there 🙋‍♀️) but this is it guys. 
You can't get that last minute back.



1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink, or WHATEVER YOU DO, do it all for the glory of God.



P.S. There really was a goat in my kitchen.


P.P.S. Thankfully our closest neighbors are my in-laws who love our crazy well, however, to the few neighbors who bought their house by the water as a nice, quiet retirement place, and to the one who thought it would be a good idea to have an Airbnb next door to us, I am sooooooooo sorry. 😬😬😂😂

P.P.P.S The guy behind all of it. My teammate and the one who makes sure we are well taken care of.
I looooove you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...