Sunday, August 8, 2010

The story

**Be warned, if blood stuff grosses you out, you may not wanna know what I'm fixing to tell you.

Lets see, Thursday night, Nat and I had just talked and I was so excited that he was gonna be coming home the next day after he got off work so I could not go to sleep. So I tossed and turned for a good while and I FINALLY fell asleep around 1 or so. Then at 3:30, I was awakened by a strange sensation.. one I had when I went into labor with Madelynn, my water had broke... so I thought. I got up and ran to the bathroom and immediately looked down to see that it was not water leaking, it was blood. A lot of it and it was coming very fast......

Now to take you back 2 weeks prior to this, I had had another bleeding episode.. one that I thought was terrible awful... little did I know that it could be worse. I was put in the hospital and found out that I had placenta previa. While in the hospital the Dr. told me not to be alarmed if I had another bleeding episode so I always had that in the back of my mind. I thought tho, that if I took bedrest 100% serious and I did not do anything to irritate the placenta that I would be good to go. I was wrong!

I cannot even begin to tell you how much blood was pouring out of me . It was very scary. I called my mom on the phone and told her what had happened and that we needed to go to the hospital NOW. I waited for the blood to slow down enought that I could change my clothes and get to the hospital.. but it never did so I wrapped a full size bath towel around myself and put some shorts on over it and the blood immediately soaked through it. At this point I am totally panicking and thinking that at any given monent I am going to die from blood loss. I kissed my girls goodbye and headed to the car. My parents drove me to the hospital at 90 mph. On the way, I finally had the opportunity to call Nat, (who was stil in New Mexico.) We got to the hospital and everyone was trying to stay calm and keep things calm for my sake... but it didn't help. I knew that what was happening was serious and that they had to work urgently... while at the same time try and act like this is not so serious. Finally they came in and said to prep me for surgery. The anasthesiologist (sp??) talked to me and said that they would have to put me under completely because they did not know how much blood I had lost at this point. I was totally fine with that. Whatever needs to be done to keep me and the baby safe is what I wanted. They took me back to the O.R. and everything was busy and rushing and talk was serious and next thing I knew, they were waking me up and telling me that I had a little boy. It was all over with!!! I was alive, little boy was alive and doing well. Nat finally made it to the hospital around 8, right about when I was waking up. Luckily he did not miss much. He wouldn't have been able to go back with me for the c-section because I was not gonna be awake for it.

Stetson is just perfect and is doing wonderful!! The Dr. told us that he absolutely could not be doing any better given the circumstances. Everyone is extremely impressed with him. He did get an IV because when he was born, his blood sugar dropped a little but he got it taken out today. Dr. Wehner, which is his pediatrician, will see him in the morning and from there we will know more. I guess the on call Dr.'s over the weekends don't wanna make the ultimate decision on when he will go home and all that good stuff. Did I mention he is kinda cute too?? He looks a lot like Madelynn did when she was born.






Nat's first time to see his little boy.

They waited for Nat to give him his first bath.

handsome boy




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...