Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whew! PT. 1

What a weekend!

With Nat's job, he gets to pick his days off every quarter... so a lot of his days off were used last month for all the stuff we had going on and he hasn't had a day off in the month of May. It has been a loooong month for us. Especially for me, I think. How selfish huh??

Anyways... so he finally had some days off and we had a crazy weekend planned. So crazy in fact that its too crazy for 1 post. Not really, it wasn't that crazy. I just don't have the time to sit here and tell you all bout it.

Well, it started out with us crazy Roses leaving the house at 10:00 pm and heading to Angelo. We definitely are spur of the moment people and we (or maybe I??? and my dear hunny just goes along with it??) enjoy doing crazy stuff like packing our bags in 15 minutes and leaving at the time not intended. I think I've told you this before.

We had to let Franklin go cuz lets just face it, 2 adults, 3 kids and 3 dogs + a turtle= NO!
Traveling doggy style.
Mitsy's saying" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Don't do this to me. I know this for a fact. She told me.

After about 14 stops for potty breaks, dog breaks, water breaks, breaks at Wal Mart in Big Spring cuz some crazy person forgot Stetson's formula. We made it at 3 am. The kids really did awesome and the all 3 slept the whole way. On Friday we just hung out with family.
a few Rose men.
Wowzers was it hot. totally and horribly HOT! I know there was some sort of record setting temps the few days we were there.. and I believe it.. and my little white girls didn't do well in the heat. There faces were beat red after about 10 minutes outside.

Papa and Stetson.
Na Na's kitty. Seriously, is there anything cuter than a kitten??

Bubba LOVED the kitty and chased her all over the living room at my mom's house. The cat didn't like him too much so she was running away very fast. It was cute and quite entertaining.

Madelynn was in a wedding on Saturday so we went to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday night... and once again, it was HOT!




but very fun and we had a great time seeing and catching up with people we hadn't seen in years!

I wasn't sure which direction Madelynn's attitude would go with lack of sleep and no napping so I was a tad worried about her being functional... but, as she always does, she surprised us and did wonderful and was very nice and outgoing to everyone. Which I was also glad for because I was kinda worried she would shut down with all the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...