Thursday, June 28, 2012

WWOOOOWWWW!!

Two years ago, I was sitting in the salon chair, getting my hair cut when my husband called 8 times.... and when I finally answered, thinking he would tell me he was dead on the side of the road, he shared some ground shaking news..... he had a job offer, in another state.... and he left me to go to that new state a few short weeks later... and we've lived there for a year and a half now!!! 

Well, thats the short version of the story. If you've been reading long, I'm sure that you can remember the ups and downs of this move. I was sad, depressed, stayed home day in and day out all alone as my one and only piece of familiarity worked long, long hours. I had no help. No close family. 
It was hard. 

Thinking back on it now, It brings tears to my eyes.. how far the Lord brought me in that year and a half. I grew to be the person I am today... that is better than that person sitting in the chair when I got that phone call. Not only did I grow as a person, but our marriage is that much stronger for being alone in life!! Having to depend solely on each other for everything! 
All this to say, It was the most challenging, horribly wonderful year and a half in my life!! 

Several months after leaving, It was  late, late and we were driving back to Mertzon/San Angelo for a visit and we had one of "those" talks... one of those that you never forget, and think on often. We talked about the beauty of our hometown, and how much we desired to bring our kids back here and raise them. We didn't want to raise them anywhere else but there.

soooo....

The Lord has heard our prayers for our children... and that important conversation we had together so long ago....
and
We have moved back to San Angelo!!!!
AHHHH!!
I know, I still can't believe it either.....

We found out that there was a job opening in San Angelo.... and I kinda freaked out!! 
Could this be it??
Is this the open door, and our key back "home"
After lots of husband/wife back and forth should we do this, should we not do this and praying the Lords guidance in the situation... we both agreed this could be it, and put in for the transfer. 

The loooonnnnggggeeesssstttt 3 days of my life, waiting to hear yay or nay from the boss, he came back with a "how soon can you be there" answer.... 
really, how soon, like YESTERDAY!!!!
We were THRILLED!!! 

So, I packed my little heart out for a few days, and we both worked our butts off trying to get our family here with our essentials... and we are here.... living in our little house out here in Mertzon.. .waiting for our house to sell back in NM... 

Hence the wwooooowwww title!!
Talk about a whirlwind. Literally all this in a weeks time!!!
and they turned our internet off 3 days too soon, leaving me very little computer time so sorry about the "late notice" ;)
The kids and I snuck off to Mcd's more than once to mooch off the internet. ;) 
It was a win win for all of us!!!

I told my mom It hasn't clicked that were living here... usually, when we're here, we're eating out, eating with parents... not doing things like grocery shopping, cooking meals and such... I'm waiting for that "click" to happen so I can try and get our family on a schedule, and a new norm!!

We are excited about this change!! Pray with us as we try and sell our house!!! 
and as we adjust to this move. Even though its a GOOD thing to be here, moving is always hard on little kids, were adjusting to the hour change... (and we all know how fun that is with kids when we change our clocks each spring/fall) 




2 comments:

  1. I am super excited!!!!! I have all my eggs in one basket again. : D. Mom

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...