Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A poem.

This is a poem I wrote.

Dry Wipees
The day she was born, the greatest day of our lives, 
6 lbs, 1 oz. she had perfect blue eyes.

Her daddy used the first one on her tiny little bum.
little did we know, that would be the first of many to come.

The days went on and 13 months later, 
she graced us with her presence, another perfect one from our Creator.

7lbs, 5 oz's this time, with a squished little nose.
Daddy was the first, again, to clean our new little Rose.

... and then we had 2.

We soon found ourselves needing more. 
Two little girls who went through them galore.

Many diapers a day, little cheeks and little hands,
mommy was always on demand.

Eleven months later, another blessing from the One above,
5 weeks early, another 5 lbs 11oz's for us to love.

Daddy was there...he wiped that little hiney,
Our very first boy, you were so very tiny.

Mommy bought boxes each time she went to the store, 
for those 3 little babies, she did so adore.

One by one, you each got out of diapers,
yet mommy still saw no end in needing all those wipers.

Life goes so fast, it never slows down. 
I reached in today, and found myself a frown

The wipees-
the ones that have wiped all my babes,
wiped all those tears away,
wiped the blood from to much play,
and cleaned the messes that little hands have made. 
the wipees that I've relied on for so long,
They were dry.

So squeeze those babies tight, 
for soon, they will take flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...