Monday, May 5, 2014

Changes

Ah! A whole post about me.. that is scary.
2014 has been good for me.. lots of changes! I am not into the New Years resolution hype, but Its always easier to start over new with a FRESH new year.
This is not something I love to be open about. I'm a rather private person in nature and lets be honest, Its embarrassing to me. I was at a point in my life where I was not happy with myself. I was overweight, and I had high cholesterol! Im 25... that shouldn't be happening!! 

So with that wake up call.... I'm now on a journey. January 15th I started it. Not only did I drastically change my eating, but I started going to a Bootcamp 3 days a week and I am proud to say that I have lost 26 lbs, and 17" off my whole body! I still have a long way to go, but I see things happening for me. I see light at the end of the tunnel. Its small, but I see it. I've had some hard days. I have ended many a days with ice cream. I've caved and given in to my hormonal craziness, and I think thats OK! All in proportion! 

I must make a shout out to doTERRA on this journey I'm on. (Yea, I'm one of those oil weirdys.) So much of my success has been because of a few things I take on a daily basis. They've helped me tremendously on my hard days, as well as my good days!

Whew! I can't believe I just let all that out… the REAL deal will be if I ever have enough guts to share my before/after photos. ;) 
Maybe someday.

Another kinda BIG thing in my life is our decision to Homeschool (*gasp*) I am almost positive I've told everyone I know that I would NEVER do that. Never say never (#1 lesson you learn as a parent) So yea, I'm eating my words now. Nat has always been an advocate of HS, I on the other hand, as the one who would be the teacher, was not into it, and he respected that. Many a nights we would talk about it. We were needing to make a decision about this coming  year, and as I prayed for guidance and help, and a change of heart if I needed it, slowly I began to see things differently. I had just what I had been praying for, a change of heart! I began to see that this could actually be possible. 

Its like my eyes were opened to the wonderful benefits of schooling at home. Its such a different way of life, and there is SO much more to it than "school" (as I thought it would be)… its living life with your kids.. with a little sprinkle of school time. :) 

I am excited, nervous, scared, and freaked out! I am severely scared of damaging them for life! I read several places that that is a completely normal feeling to be feeling. That was relieving. We are gonna give it a year and see how it goes. See how my social butterfly handles being home.

Big changes, big changes!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl!! You will do great things with your children while homeschooling! Prayers sent your way!!

    Holly Rose

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...