Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This kid..

I am happy to say that Nat and his brother have finished the fence!! I am very proud of them and think that they have done a great job!! 

Madelynn was up last night till 1... She just didnt want to sleep. Its not like she was fussy or anything... Just wanted to be up. Why do kids ALWAYS do stuff like this on days when you have to get up early and have a long day??? I tell ya, If she pulls her craziness, its always on the wrong night. So.. yes, Im still up at midnight after a long day and 4 hours of interrupted sleep last night... why you ask?? Well, I was spending a much needed evening with this guy that I love and I (very stupidly) told him that his Blazer/truck parts magazine came in the mail today.... I have lost him forever.

Speaking of magazines...... well hang on. Let me show you this little devil last night. Keep in mind, its pitch black in her room and like 11 or so.



does she not look tired?? ya  thats what im thinkin. I thought she was sleepin so I went to go cover her up... this is what I come in to see. She thought she was cute. (obviously I did to cuz I had to run and get my camera to take a picture) but dont tell her that. :)

Ok. Magazines... So super bowl sunday was what... Feb. 1?? or somethin like that. We went to HEB to get a few things for the party we were goin to, we leave and are puttin the groceries in the car and this guy comes up to us and starts talkin and were just like uh huh.. ya... ok... we had NO clue what he was talking about. He told us a sob story about his fiancee and how they were raising money to pay for her college and blah blah blah... thats all we heard... and somewhere in there the word magazine. Our heads are spinning and I am convinced that Nat knows what he is saying so im just goin along with it. He hands me a list of magazines to choose from and he keeps talking about points and he just needs this many points to get this much money. AHHH... it was insane... and so were like ok.. so we told him a magazine we liked and he gets all of our info and hes like is it ok if I write this down, I have to give the info to the boss people. So were like sure. Then he says ok, that will be $50.. WHAT?? no where in this 45 minute ordeal did he talk about buying or subscribing or anything. We are soooooooo confused and thrown off and like in shock that Nat pulls out $50 and gives it to him (ya, we carry around 50's all the time.. no big deal) HAHAHA!!! Just kiddin. He's like thank you, thank you, you have no idea how this will help.( He gave us a copy of the receipt and it had phone numbers to call and cancel and the website and stuff... so it has some meaning... I guess.) We get in the car and I am like... you just gave that guy 50 bucks... like thats ALOT of money  and we are both like what in the world did we just do??? Still couldnt tell ya what on earth we were thinkin... We just prayed that he was being honest and that God would use the money to His glory.  
Has ANYONE ever had this happen?? We have never gotten a magazine and I very stupidly threw the receipt away. So I have no clue what to do, and I am not to thrilled about it. Ugh.. I still cant believe it and I get so mad about it. Have you ever like done something so stupid and you kick yourself in the butt for it?? or are we the only crazies that have done something so stupid. (sorry that was so long)

Anyways... On to the better things in life. Madelynn finally figured out how to pick up food and actually get it in her mouth... That is a GOOOOOD thing!!! Ya'll have read a few stories about how crazy she is about food. Ok.. like I dont make it up and I have NEVER in my 10 years of childcare, seen a kid as psycho as she is. Im tellin ya... she  will scream, she will growl, she will throw a huge fit.. first of all when she is ready to eat, then when you dont go fast enough... look out. It is highly stressful to me and I dread it every morning, noon, and night. I shouldn't, but honestly, that is how bad it is. So im thrilled that I can just throw her food down now and she can go to town. And that she does!! She stuffs and stuffs as much as possible in her mouth, like I have to get up and not look at her cuz Im just like waiting for her to choke, and it drives me bonkers watching her. I get paranoid, as I should, my child is stuffing 8 whole green beans in her mouth and 6 pieces of macaroni all at once. So, Its been good. Just messy. 



this girl is crazy, but she is still alive and breathing. :) I have done my job successfully .

but she is awfully cute too! 


We went to the Barlow Girl concert the other night... Man. it was nice. Very refreshing. Im glad that we got to go, we took my my sisters. They enjoyed it so much! 

I am goin to bed now. Hopefully till morning, but we will see. This girl keeps me on my toes at night. You never know what she is gonna pull. Maybe, she will wake up with teethe and all this fever, fussiness, drooling, chewing, and sleepless nights will go away... Forever. Or atleast till more teethe come in. The one thing going through my head through all this is that she has to get a mouth full of these things??? Every mother before me has survived, and im sure that I will to. It just seems like it will be a long journey this gettin teethe business. :) ok. im done for real. Going to bed.

3 comments:

  1. wow, mara! you should definitely post a video of madelynn eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I (very stupidly) told him that his Blazer/truck parts magazine came in the mail today.... I have lost him forever."

    LOL!!! That is so funny! I lose Carlos when the tiger direct catalog comes in...sometimes I hide it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha loved the magazine story!! I hate when stuff like that happens!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...