Friday, March 27, 2009

What is with this wind??? Several times today I was pretty sure that our roof was gonna fly away.. Im about ready for that to be done with!!

Anyways... just in case you didnt know, Nat is building a 4 1/2 mile fence out on a ranch. They (Karl is helping him) are almost at the end. The other day, they decided to give him a deadline of April 1. It can be done.. but they are working from sun up till about 9 or 10. So its been long days for them. Let me be selfish here for a minute... its been LOOONG days for me to. No Daddy to rescue me when its just that time... im about ready to put an ad in the paper for an ADORABLE 8 month old who is the best behaved child BUT... her daddy has abandoned her for the week and her momma is goin crazy... Ok not really. I wouldnt do that but, I have NO idea how single parents do it. So me and Madelynn have been here all day by ourselves for about a week now. I stay up and wait for Nat so we can eat dinner together and thats about all the time we have seen each other. As for Madelynn, she has not been able to spend any time with him. 

Out of our boredom, today we decided to make Nat a cake. Let me tell ya, he is not big on sweets (weirdooo!!!) but you make him a Betty Crocker cake with Betty Crocker icing. He will eat it all in 2 days. Not even kidding. he LOVES it!! And of course, he will not gain an oz... he will probably lose weight with the energy it takes to eat the cake... So I was gonna surprise him with it when he got home late tonight. Instead, he surprised us and came home early. He was excited when he walked in and smelled it. I asked him if he liked my new candle, it was birthday cake smell... he didnt believe me. 



This is what Madelynn found when she was supposed to be helping. I asked her to get the eggs out but she was to distracted...



and apparently thirsty too.. I fixed that with a good ol sippy cup.


Here they are, reunited... she was so thrilled to see her daddy and not her mean 'ol momma.



Just playin... gettin sooooo close to crawling. I can feel it. (excuse the cleavage...)

Madelynn has started something new this week... most parents talk about there kids crawling, or getting teeth, or being able to wave, or those first few steps, ya know, like a milestone in life... and one day I will be able to tell you all these things. For now, I will tell you that my daughter can snap her fingers, and she can now growl. Growl like a bear or a dinosaur.. you name it and she can do it. Talent I tell you. She growls when she is mad, she growls when she is happy, she growls when she is tired, she growls (very angrily) when she is hungry. She is growling right now because I am not paying a lick of attention to her. Whew... that, my friends, is where we are in life. I will have to get a video of it someday so you can all share this exciting new thing in life...


here is our newest sweet little baby. He/she/it is wavin to us. :)

So far, this one has cooperated 100% during ultrasounds so I have high hopes for being able to find out the sex!!! It is always lookin right at us with its legs NOT crunched up... like its sister was... We wont go there tho. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl! I'll be praying for the time to fly by. I know how it is to be "abandoned" (for work) and I totally agree with you -- I have no idea how single parents do it. Craziness!!! Anyway, I got caught up with reading your blog -- I'd missed the last 2 posts. Love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...