Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sickeys

The internet has been down on and off over here. So I thought I would do this while I could. 

Nat is home sick today. He is runnin fever and feelin like crud. Guess thats what happens when you work 14 hour days outside in the sun/rain... with the work they are doin.

I am home today with Madelynn (I usually work Tues and Thurs at a moms day out.) She is runnin a low grade fever, coughin, stuffy nose and throwin up... I already have my throw up pile started for the day. Let me tell you, this kid will get sick if you look at her wrong. I took her up to MDO from the time she was 2 months till about 6 months and in those 4 months, she had 3 ear infections, she was sick every day (literally) with just the cold stuff, she had Pneumonia, RSV, and the flu. So needless to say, after all this, I took her out and she has just been stayin with her Nana. It has been great, she has not once been sick. On Tuesday, Sharon was in San Antonio with Bryce so she was not able to keep Madelynn, Nat was gonna stay home with her but ended up not bein able to so I went ahead and took her up there with me... thinking there is no way she can get sick ONE time... I was wrong.
 
my sick little baby.


Anyways.. yesterday my mom and Kinsey came out, we had lunch and just hung out. It was fun. 
Madelynn was in her bumbo on the table for lunch and we were cleanin up.. put the chips in Madelynns reach....

this is what happened... 

Yesterday was also her apt with the PT.. it went good. Madelynn woke up yesterday with her head leaning to the right instead of the left... Every time we have an apt for anything.. she will do the exact opposite of the reason were going. Know what I mean?? It makes me feel dumb... but the lady was very understanding and said that she has seen kids go from side to side with this. Little turkey... so she just felt around Madelynns neck and did some exercises with her to try and see what we needed to do. Its not bad at all and should be straight up in no time at all. She gave us some exercises to do with her and we will go back in 2 weeks and see the progress and go from there. This morning, she is not holding her head up at all. It is completely sideways. I dont know if its just cuz she doesn't feel good and doesn't want to mess with it or if it is sore from yesterday. Frustration.

I am tired. Nat has the bed and Madelynn has the couch... Im outta luck. Its gonna be a long day.

1 comment:

  1. awe, I know those days. im so sorry. it's a good excuse to eat junk food and watch a movie and just be there.
    I hat ebeing "nurse" - I did not inherit my aunts compassion. I am like "stop whining and just sleep so i can go blog" I sound like a wonderful mom/wife huh!?!
    the worse is the laundry - yuck.
    I will be praying for a bright spot in your day.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...