Sunday, April 26, 2009

Let the fun begin!!

Madelynn has kinda gone crazy today in trying new things. She has now discovered that she can pull up on things other than her crib! Which can be good... or bad, like when the toy doesnt stay standing while she is trying to stand up and they both go toppeling over. Its quite sad! She discovered that the computer desk is pretty sturdy and wont fall over on her and also that there are lots of fun cords to chew on, and the printer... oh that printer, all those buttons and sounds it makes. Way better than all those boring toys. Then, she made her way over to the dvd case and banged all over that, never figured out how to open it. After that, over to the entertainment center...all those picture books of herself were so fascinating. Then, she found a little bench, just about her size, which holds her daddys breathing treatment machine  and pulled all that stuff down and chewed on it for about an hour. Figured out that she can open the drawers  and that theres lots of fun stuff in there to!! Found a nice glass thing she could reach, but I saved it... barely. I would have been in trouble for sure about that one!! Its Nat's 'touch' in the living room. :)


So needless to say, I need to find some new homes for a few things...  I let her have some fun today and let her just figure out what everything was, but some stuff will have to go bye bye!



This morning, I had this feeling that I really need to go through the clothes I had in Madelynns closet for summer...I ignored it for awhile cuz her whole life, I have always gotten her 'grow into' clothes out and washed when she turned that size. Ya know, like when she turned 3 months, I got her 3-6 months clothes out and so on and so on and its always just worked out and fit perfectly. So I finally talked myself into it and I went in her room and grabbed one of the outfits and looked at it and told myself that she would never fit into it  till she is atleast one!! I put it on her anyways, and I am soooooo thankful that I did. It fit her perfectly!! She is growing like a weed. She has always been on the tinier side of life... now she is getting rather chubby! So anyways, I went through all of her winter clothes and put them up... filled the third tub with her clothes... THREE tubs for clothes up to 9 months??? Thats bad.  I  was kinda convicted about my obsession with clothes for her when I emptied over 20 hangers of shirts... JUST shirts. Thats not counting all the pants and jeans I put up to!! Who needs that much clothes??  Anyways, I got all the summer clothes out and washed them and hung them up... I had to get MORE hangers out than I emptied!! Can you believe that??!?! That is horrible!! I told Nat that I couldnt believe he aloud me to buy her such an insane amount of clothes.... Then we both laughed cuz every time, he was right there beside me telling me that she had plenty of clothes and didnt need any more... oops. He then told me that I was on the same path for this little boy and needed to slow down or I would be in the same boat. Ive only bought a few little boy outfits... plus boy clothes are way not as cute and tempting as girls clothes are!


I told him that our next kid (many years down the road) will HAVE To be born in the summer so if it is a girl, she can wear all these dang clothes I have.


Speaking of girl. This is what we did to Madelynn and its oh so adorable!! She looks so girly!! I love it!





Please look past my white legs and see her pretty green toes and pink fingernails. :) 



Our garden grows!! It has been so cool to water the flowers and vegetables every day and then see the results of it. Its quite amazing. We found our first little 'blooms'... maybe?? Im garden illiterate, matter of fact, i know a whole lotta nothin about gardens.. but I am learning!! We have squash, zuccini, cucumbers, corn, tomatoes and onions poppin through. So its cute and fun and exciting. 



This was a few days ago, they are even bigger!

My sweeties


and you kinda have to look super hard to see but these are the onions. The little green sprouts (there is probably a proper word for that but like I said...)


I know that ya'll probably dont care a lick about this... but I am proud of myself! So I must share.




2 comments:

  1. a girl can never have too many clothes but i know what you mean. im gonna have to have another girl at some point so that they get used...i have tubs upon tubs myself. hope you like the ones i sent....and that you can use them. im TOTALLY lovin those toes and fingers!!!! too stinkin cute!!! that is what is one of the fun things about girlies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go on the garden! That will be so fun to just run outside and grab an onion, zuchinni, etc! Funny thing...I saw the "my sweeties" above the picture of your onions and I thought you were calling your produce sweeties!!ha!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...