Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday day

So sorry if ya'll are sick of hearin about Madelynn and her birthday... 

Yesterday, Madelynn wanted to start her birthday day out bright and early around 6:30 in the mornin... her momma had other ideas but thats ok. I was glad tho cuz Nat got to see her and wish her a Happy Birthday before he went to work. When Nat got home from work, we headed to town and went to eat at Cheddars... I was reminded why we DONT eat out to often... the yelling that comes from my child during the -sit in the high chair waiting for our food- time... Luckily we were kinda secluded so I wasn't to worried about bothering other people. After we ate, Madelynn and I split... (and when I say split... I do mean I had half and she had half) a cookie monster... mmmm it was soooo good. We both very much enjoyed it.


waiting.... a silent moment


then... we made her wait for the cookie monster. Mean parents. :)

eaten our cookie monster...
and if you have ever been around Madelynn, you know this face all to well.

Then we headed to visit with her Great Paw-Paw and had some special memories with him. Neat to see the 2 of them together. A new, innocent life barely starting and an old life who has seen so much and knows so much. It was a sweet time!


We then proceeded to Academy where Nat got another pair of jeans with the rest of his birthday money. Then to Hastings to spend Madelynn's gift card! Let me tell ya... that is a great gift to give a child. We had so much fun looking at all the books and Madelynn enjoyed pulling books off the shelves as we passed by. Nat enjoyed playing with the train set that they had out... Its a little embarrassing to have your husband sitting on the floor playing with trains. But please... dont judge him. Were working on it. He is just a big kid who needs a son so that when he wants to play with trains... I can throw our son down there with him and it wont look so odd to onlookers. He also needs a son because the whole time we were looking at books, all he could pick up was books about trucks, monster trucks, working trucks, tractors and he would give it to Madelynn and try to convince me that she loved it and wanted it... I told him once we have a son, we can get those books but till then, we have to buy books about princess' and fairy tales and cute little girly things. (Dear God, please make this baby a boy. Amen) I could have spent hours in there just looking at the kids books. We eventually got out with a couple books. We had a fun time just the 3 of us.

Anyways.... I have been trying to upload a video but as usual... it wont do it. Not sure why I have so much trouble getting videos to upload... I'll try again later.



This is for Sherri. I knew he wouldn't be able to stay off of it for long. :) and Madelynn LOVES it! She laughs and laughs when she is on it. Thats what the video was of, hopefully I can get it on here!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...thanks for posting a picture.....I knew the toy had to be strong enough to hold Nat.....cause I have known him since he took his first breath in this world. Love him : )
    You guys are such an adorable family and bless you as you give birth to another Rose baby.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...