Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I said I'd never do it again...

This morning, Nat called me... which is kinda rare because he is working. I answered my phone and he says do you love me?? Now you know, when a conversation starts out like that... it usually turns out to be a bad thing. I of course said yes, then he asked me again do you love me?? I again said of course I love you... I wouldn't have married you if I didn't love you. Then he asks how much do you love me. I said bunches (thats how we have always answered that question...) Then I said... ok Nathaniel, what do you want?? He starts to explain to me how this dog had been following him around all day and its skinny and blah blah blah... so I immediately thought ok, he wants me to call the dog catcher to come pick it up so it will leave him alone (Nat doesn't like to make phone calls... so he always leaves "his dirty work" I like to say, to me.) Then he says... and its so cute and sweet and she has been following me around all day. When I go in a house she goes and lays in the grass and then when I come out, she comes running to me wagging her tail and I have asked around and no one knows who she belongs to and everyone has told me that she has just been running around the neighborhood for about a month now... can I bring it home??????????

Are you kidding me?? We JUST got rid of our dog and I specifically told him when we got rid of her that I DID NOT want another dog for a long time. I want the girls to get a little older, I need to mourn, and I dont want another dog till we can build a fence in our back yard. So I reminded him of this.. and he keeps asking me if he can just bring her home. So I finally agreed.

We brought her in and gave her a much needed bath... She was soooo gross.




She is a very sweet dog. We are thinkin she is probably 3 or 4 months or so.. and were also thinkin maybe she's got a little german shepherd in her. What do ya'll think?? Anyways.. I told him we would give it a week or so and see how she does with the girls... so we'll see. The thought of potty training and training a dog makes me wanna go cut my fingers off. So far she has done all her pottying outside so that has been a plus. Maybe she had an owner at one time. Its kinda hard not knowing anything about her. And if you know someone who lost a dog and this possibly could be theirs, let us know!! Nat found her around 24th st. Nat is going to work with her training wise, possibly going to some of the classes at Petco. Hopefully it will just end up being a great thing for our family. She is definitely still a puppy cuz all she has done is sleep today and she is extremely clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...