Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving. New Mexico

Well we had a great Thanksgiving!!! We spent the earlier half of the day with Nats family and the later half of the day with my family.... Man oh man did we have some delicious food!! I still haven't felt un-full since Thursday! We had a great time visiting with our families!

I have been quite the loser when it comes to taking pictures lately. So I don't got much for ya from Thanksgiving which I am mad at myself for.

Madelynn playing minutes before a horrendous, disgusting blowout diaper

eating the 18th helping of something sweet. I was pretty sure that she was gonna barf everything up that night.

Payton and mimi

my sisters and my dad were doing this ^^ and Madelynn thought it was so cool so we let her get on.

Friday, I got up early and went shoppin with me mom. Nat and I had planned to go but then decided at the last minute that we probably shouldn't spend the little bit of extra money that we had on that so we decided not to go. I ended up going with my mom with the intention of NOT spending money. Have you ever heard anything so stupid?!?! Not spending money on black friday. Ya, I was gonna try. But I failed... miserably!!! I did get the girls some stuff for Christmas so they are set. Stuff that I absolutely could not pass up! I also got Nat a phone. Is he spoiled rotten or what??? :) It ended up being free at Best buy on black friday so I as like hey, why not. He was so thrilled... and still us. Nat and I are plain-jane flip phone kinda people so for him to get a touch phone was like givin him a new tv. He is in love!!

Friday, we got all of our Christmas stuff out and put up and I LOVE it.

our little Christmas tree. Please note that all the ornaments are now on the upper half of the tree... and in the first 15 minutes it was up, 2 ornaments were broken... I don't suppose I'll be able to wrap the presents and put 'em under the tree till Christmas eve huh???
Shelf with some Christmas decor on it. See the 3 little snowmen on the bottom shelf??? Well I gave the baby one to Nat 2 Christmas' ago as a gift to tell him that I was preggo (with Madelynn) he didn't get it tho... even after he saw the pregnancy test. That was the funnest Christmas present ever! I now added another little baby snowman for Ms Payton.

Then that evening, we headed out to New Mexico to visit Nats brother, sister and their families . We thought it would be wise to travel at night so that Madelynn would sleep in the car. That was a big fat joke! She slept for 10 min, woke up and cried for 10 minutes... and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. It was a long trip there. We had a wonderful time there visiting with them. Nats brother, Jim puts up around 60,000 Christmas lights that dance to music. ok... so they don't technically dance, you like have this computer program and you synchronize the lights to the music. Get that??? I can't think of how to describe it... anyways, its amazing!! Madelynn was absolutely in awe of it. She wanted to sit outside all night long and when we made her come in, she cried and cried and went and stood by the door. She just laughed and smiled and clapped. It was neat.

Watchin the lights

here is a little bit of the lights. Couldn't get half of it on the camera screen.


Madelynn and her aunt Veronica watchin the lights


I have wondered what Madelynn would think of santa clause this year...
This is my answer:
She was absolutely scared outta her mind! It was sad. If you got close to it, she would squeeze you as tight as she could and pull away. Not sure if we will be visiting santa this year. We'll give it a try.

Madelynn and her uncle Jim. (She has gotten to where she bites her nails when she is nervous or scared.)

We got home around 4 or so and it was good to be home and to put the girls down in their own beds. They did pretty well considering they weren't in there own environment. Night time was the hardest of all. We didn't get a whole lotta sleep. Three days is a long time to be away from home with little ones! Anyways... hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Oh.. and btw, in case you were wondering, the girls sleeping in the same room has gone wonderfully. We put them down at the same time and for the most part, they both go right to sleep. A couple of times Payton has cried and needed her paci or a bottle but Madelynn sleeps right through it.
can't really see them but this is there first time sleepin together!

1 comment:

  1. That was really sweet Mera! Thanks for sharing. I missed y'all on Thanksgiving. We had an ok time I guess. But, as you well know, it's hard traveling and sleeping away from home with two kids. But it was fun. I guess we should hang out again sometime soon. Maybe your mom should have us all over for dinner! HA!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...