Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas eve

Wow.. pardon my lack of blogging! Its been awhile. I feel like I have tons of stuff to blog about so I think that I will do it slowly, rather than an overload on one blog.

Hmm... where to start, I feel like we have been so busy... we have not been home in forever! Lets see... on the 23rd, we were gonna go finish our Christmas shopping, yes were some of the crazy people that FINISH 2 days before Christmas... not that this is a common thing, just have had absolutely no time to do anything between sickness and hospital stay. Payton ended up going with her nana and papa (nats parents) and Madelynn went with her mimi and papa (my parents) My sisters have been begging to have a sleepover with Madelynn and my -not a night owl- mother finally agreed.




Before I go any further I must tell you something. Madelynn has always been like... the perfect child. Not bragging... she has just always been quite, always listens well, goes to bed on her own, just an easy schmesy kinda kid when it comes to everything... but lately , she has been an absolute nightmare! Whiney all day long, taking little 20 minute naps that are usually 2 hours, not eating well, fussy, whiney, fussy, whiney, cry, cry, cry, disobedient, basically everything opposite from my sweet little Madelynn. It has thrown us for a loop. We are totally not liking it at all. So I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what her deal is and these are the few things I have come up with: a) Teeth... but how the heck am I to know... she only has 4, and all 4 of those I had no clue what was goin on on the inside of her mouth.. just knew she was acting like this.. just not quite to this extent. I did some serious lookin in her mouth and I can see like little white buds under her gums. Does that mean they are coming in??? Seriously I need some answers!!!!!! b) complete sugar overload. I know that that has some to do with her horrible eating.. today I have given her no sweets and its been a somewhat more enjoyable day. and c.) Just plain 'ol startin up bein a toddler. Lord please NO!!!!!! We'll see, now that life is going to slow down and we'll be back on her schedule for eating and napping I am really hoping she gets back to normal!!

Anyways... back to our life. Christmas eve we woke up all alone. It was so nice to sleep in and not have to worry about the girls. We went and ate breakfast at grandys all by ourselves... the snow that morning was beautiful!! Although nothing really stuck, It was nice to watch it. We did a little more shoppin that morning and went home and startin makin some Christmas goodies.... just what we needed in the house, more sweets! Im a pretty big sweet eater and Im serious when I say that I am just about sweeted out! We enjoyed having some time together just the 2 of us. We eventually got our girls (that we missed terribly) back and went to Christmas Eve with ALL the Roses and... I forgot my camera. I was sooooo mad at myself! Santa (aka Uncle Karl) came and visited and Madelynn absolutely freaked out. It was a fun time visting with family. Madelynn is pretty much the first girl for the Roses in like 20 years so she was not so much into playing with all them boys... There have been 2 more (one being Payton) girls born since Madelynn so once they are older, Im sure they'll have their own little girly stuff to do. Anyways.. when we got home that evening, they girls got their Christmas eve jammies and went to bed.

Please note, they were both asleep in the car... but I woke 'em up so I could get their Christmas eve jammies picture... this is the best I could get.

Madelynn in her CE jammies last year.


and this is Madelynn with Santa last year... Maybe I can steal some pics from Christmas eve from Aunt Crystal??? (please.) :)

and thats all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...