Monday, January 4, 2010

Firsts kinda week

Payton had her first little feeding of rice cereal (blech!!) I never fed it to Madelynn when she was a baby... we just did baby food the whole time. I think its so gross and it has to taste so disgusting so I never was a fan of feeding it to my child. Whats that they say about not passing on your eating habits to your children??? (not that I eat rice cereal often.)... but I think you catch my drift.

she absolutely LOVED it! She cried when I wouldn't shove it in fast enough.

Madelynn- 4 months old. First feeding. Do yall see the severe torticollis??? Why did we not notice it till she was so old??? Like I look back at all of her pictures and its absolutely ridiculous!!

Payton.
Have you ever tried to take a picture of yourself feeding a baby??? Its not very easy.. this was take 4ish.

Madelynn- 4 months old


ends up AFTER I fed it to her, I looked and saw that it was expired... I really dont think it was bad cuz it had never been opened but Im not much of a fan of feeding my child expired food so I ended up throwing it away. Tomorrow, Im gonna go to the store and get her the good stuff.

She also started rolling over this week! Finally! and its not the easy schmesy rolling from the tummy to back... no, my child decides to do things the difficult way. She is a pro at rolling from her back to her tummy and she'll do it all day long... except there is one little factor in this rolling over business, she HATES being on her tummy. So she rolls and cries, rolls and cries, rolls and cries. Its a vicious cycle.

and lastly of the firsts, she got her first ride in the front of the basket!! Fun city!!! I am working with her alot on sitting up and she does really well for only being 4 months old... Madelynn didn't sit up till she was 7 months. I may have said this before but with Madelynn, like I just expected everything to happen on its own... I never like thought to actually work with her on stuff. I just expected one day she would just sit up form laying down and that would be it. I do know that they will do things on there own time and you cant make 'em do stuff but working with them helps. Make sense????

sorry.. but I have to share this... this is Madelynns first time sitting up without the boppy helping... once again, torticollis! Golly I just cant believe how bad it was!

Anyways.. back to Ms. Payton.
Payton- 4 months.
I dont know that she liked it near as much as Madelynn loved to ride in the back of the basket. She thought it was the coolest thing in the world. She laughed and laughed and held on to the basket for dear life.

Madelynn- 6 months. First ride in the front of the basket

Ok.. sorry looking at these old pictures of Madelynn is so fun!! Here is another.
Isn't that so sad?? This was when she had RSV.

Anyways... a little walk down memory lane there.. makes me want another baby. OH MY!! did I just say that??? Seriously, this is an ISSUE! At this rate of me wanting baby after baby, Were gonna be the next 18 kids and counting!! I cant control it... and its outta control. Were just leavin all that up to the Lord.... and what He wants for us is what we get... and I'll take it. He has already blessed us with 2 beautiful little girls and if thats it then I'll be happy with it.. and if he wants us to have 12 kids... I'll take that too!

**please note that its late at night and Nat is on a late night bug killing spree so Im kinda bored... and Im kinda rambling. Pardon my rambles. (Is that a word???)

This candy cane season, Madelynn has a new found love of candy canes! Its sickening. (she takes after her mother) She is obsessed with them, she knows where they are and she will not stop until she gets one.


Its a big, fat, sticky mess! and I love how happy it makes her!
ya... she looks absolutely ridiculously unhappy in those pictures... but it was waaay close to bed time and she had been in the high chair for a long time. (I may, or may not have bribed her with it to try and make her sit there as long as possible so Nat and I could eat dinner... she had already eaten.) I promise, she loves it!

and lastly, I straightened her hair! Is that so ridiculous or what?? I was doin my hair and she was layin on the bed watchin tigger and pooh so I reached over and straightened hers. No worries, it went back curly.

1 comment:

  1. go pay! her and jedd can sit on the floor and play together. it's nice that they are closer in age than mad and cash. and if you want to have another baby...i say go for it! give your body a little break though. but i think having them close together is much better than having them 2 and 3 years apart. i even wish sometimes that cash and jedd were closer in age...

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...