Thursday, December 31, 2009

relationship 101

So, as I have said before, I am NOT married to Mr. romantic. Im just about married to the opposite. Every girl wants to be surprised with flowers every once in awhile, or to be taken out on a date that he planned. Or to be told you look good... just every once in awhile. Nat absolutely 100% struggles with this kinda stuff... well maybe struggle is the wrong word. He absolutely 100% does not do any of it! I guess I am the one that struggles with it. (uh-oh... confession time) But it honestly upsets me... I have talked to him about it and asked him to try a teeny weeny bit because a) I have a low self esteem. and b) Im overweight and being overweight in our world is ugly and it would probably help me out all around if he acted like I was important to him...


Woa man did God slap me when I thought that. He said you are important to him and he does think that you are the most beautiful thing in the world. And he loves the fact that your not a beanpole (its true, he does.) God told me to look for the little things that he does for me... thats Nats way of showing his love. The fact that he has opened every single door for me since before we were dating. The fact that he has kissed me every time he has opened the car door for me since we were dating. Thats Nat giving me flowers. Or like when Im having a conversation with my mom about Tiger Woods and all the junk he is going through, and my mom makes a comment about how beautiful his wife is and how it seems like men with beautiful wives are always the ones that have affairs and Nat just happens to walk by and hear the conversation and says "who says Im gonna have an affair on you???" Thats Nat giving me a compliment. Or when he is making his lunch for the next days work and he calls me in the kitchen and shows me that that he put an M with the mayonnaise on all 4 slices of the bread "for his baby" (thats me.) Thats Nat's way of telling me I'm his. The fact that he tells me ALL the time how much he loves me! Some people dont get told "I love you" I get told many times a day! He never hangs up the phone until he says I love you. He never goes to bed without telling me he loves me. He never leaves for work in the morning until he tells me he loves me.

So the moral of my story is to look for the small things, dig deep and find your significant others way of loving you...
and i LOVE him!


2 comments:

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...