Sunday, March 28, 2010

Shoe-ee

I am just writing this to remember all that is going on in our lives right now with Madelynn!! Not that she is at a milestone age, she is just doing alot developmentally right now. Madelynn is 20 months now... that means 4 more months till she is 2!!!!!!! Oh my word this can't be happening!! She cannot be that close to 2.... and my 20 month old still sucks on her paci... and we haven't even started pushing potty training.. no not me, not my child. This can't be. Never say never! I just gotta laugh at what I thought my child would be doing at the age of 2.

-Has 8 teeth, 4 straight across on bottom, and 4 straight across on top, and I felt today that her molars are coming through!! Two on the top.
-She is becoming her own little self with a teeny little attitude.
-Likes to crawl and she fake cries like baby sister to get some attention.
-Her favorite book is bible stories... we read at least 4 times a day.
-When we say our prayers at night, she bows her head, and says amen when she thinks the prayer should be over... and continues to say it until your done.
-loves, loves, LOVES shoes!! I have heard many a stories about me when I was younger and my love for shoes and how going to the shoe store was not fun with me. That is my little Madelynn! I still love shoes... I just can't and dont take the time to buy myself cute shoes for several reasons. 1) because my feet are ginormous from them growing with pregnancy... and I continue to be pregnant so they continue to grow. 2) They're extra wide.. just cuz I have very wide feet... so it is a pain in the rear to try and find myself shoes. So I don't, and I re-live my love for shoes through my daughters... hence the reason they have about 12 pairs of shoes each. Anyways... Madelynn calls shoes shoe-ee and when we get dressed in the morning, she is talking about her shoes the whole time and if you dont put her shoes on her in the morning, she throws a huge fit!!! So she wears shoes all day long.. and she picks them out.
-Knows how to use the remote and tries her hardest to get it to do what she wants to do... Usually gets frustrated and comes running to me with the remote saying uh-oh.
-She is putting words together well... her current favorite is no mommy.. not so much my current favorite.
-Does very well with a fork and a spoon.
-Decided one day that she was gonna go from the straw sippy cup (which she has used since she was 4 months old... and which I could never ever get her to transition to a real sippy cup from) since sister uses a real sippy cup.

-I think its safe to say that she officially can live off of one nap a day.
-Somedays she is mean to Payton, and some days they're the best of buds... I guess thats just part of being sisters... just didn't think it would show this early!!!
-Is getting alot better about people that aren't her parents.
-Still loves and adores her daddy.
4 months


My favorite time is when she's just got on some play clothes, and her tenny shoes with her hair pulled back in a pony tail. Of course... I love her when she's all dressed up and lookin cute... just when I see her relaxed, and playing thats the typical Madelynn in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...