Wednesday, March 10, 2010

YEA!!!

We are the proud owners of a brand new (to us) 2003 Chevy Suburban.
And I'm in love with it. It is seriously my dream car!! I knew I wanted one (when I had my own family) from the first time I drove my parents suburban when I was 15 years old. If you gave me any choice of a vehicle I could have, it would be a suburban. Well... that is a reality dream car. I do have 2 un-realistic dream cars.... a BMW and a Range Rover... but neither will fit 3 carseats across, so sorry un-realistic cars... you'll have to wait for me, maybe after my child rearing years are over???

But seriously, God is sooo amazingly good to us... sometimes I cant even stand it! It all started back when I found out I was pregnant... we knew that there would more than likely have to be a new family car bought in order to fit our growing family, but at the same time, we thought we would never in a million years be able to afford a new (when I say new, I dont mean new 2010, I mean new to us) car. So I tried everything possible to fit another car seat in my car but it just wasn't going to happen. So I gave it to the Lord and told Him that we are trusting in him that He will provide us the appropriate vehicle (even if it was a... *gulp*.... van) at the appropriate time. Totally not thinking it would be this soon!!! We drove by a... *gulp*.... van that had a fantastic price on it... almost to good to pass up so were like ya! This is it and I totally settled on the thought of driving a van... after all, I gave it to God, and I was willing to drive whatever He provided for us. Ended up calling and it was sold. We were a little disappointed, but hey... it just wasn't meant to be. So that kinda got us lookin around at all sorts of makes and models and years of vehicles.... called on several and they were all sold! Again, disappointed, but just settled with the thought of its just not the right time. So we kinda just gave it up for the time being. And then I get a text from a friend telling us about a Suburban she saw for sale... about 3 seconds after she texted me, Kinsey walked through my front door and told me that she had found a suburban for us... turned out being the same exact one!! (THANKS STEPHANIE AND KINSEY!!!!!) So I checked it out and really liked it. Longer story shorter, God provided us a buyer for my car before we even thought about putting it up for sale (THANKS TY!!!!) and it all just fell into place, like a puzzle... like God does for us time and time again. Turned out we ended up knowing the seller so that was a huge plus... Its always easier buying from someone you know, and not joe schmo walkin down the street.

Just goes to show that God really does take care of his people.
Its really true! :)



I for-see 3 car seats fittin' mighty fine in there!
TRUNK SPACE!! For the love of pete we have trunk space!!!
I am so over little cars!!! I need space, lots and lots of space!!!
and I got it!!!
I'm in love... Now we just need to take out a loan to put gas in it.
LOL.
Nat has already talked about putting a lift on it and making the exhaust louder... I am definitely ok with the latter part, little rumble of the exhaust never hurt anybody..... but Its already pretty darn high to be puttin car seats in and out and taking kids in and out.
Boys... I tell ya. I told him thats what he's got his blazer for. That can be his toy, and this can be my toy... or rather, child lugging piece of machinery.

-Girls-
I try (keyword) to get a picture of the girls together every month on the 20th-ish. Seeing as They both turn new "months" on the 20, and the 21.
This is the most recent:
Few things that come to my mind when I look at this...
1.) I have some mighty fine lookin kids if I may say so myself.
2.) They look soooooooo different!! Paytons head is so round and huge (not being rude, it runs in the Dixon family) Madelynn's is just a nice little oval shape. Payton is almost as big as Madelynn. Payton is wearing an outfit that Madelynn couldn't wear till she was one.
3.) Who says you have to smile in a picture???
4.) My little Payton is not so little anymore.... time for another one. :)
5.) Madelynn looks more like her momma, but has her daddy's itty bitty body structure. Payton looks more like her daddy, but has her momma's big boned, thick body structure.

1 comment:

  1. um yeah...gas can look like the national debt but it will be worth it!!! i know you will LOVE it as i TOTALLY LOVE mine and i can for sure say a suburban was not my dream car, and im not even a big car driver....but for what i need...i have adapted and i would feel so strange in a small car now!!! im soooo glad it worked out...that is a perfect example of how God always provides!! blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...