Monday, May 3, 2010

For the little man

You know those people that are told that they're having a girl, and they buy every single thing PINK. Pink car seat, pink clothes, pink swing, paint the room pink, pink, pink, pink... and then come d- day... the words they probably aren't expecting to hear fill the room when their new baby arrives... "ITS A BOY" and all you can say at that point is... oops! Well, I decided that I would never be that way... A.) because thats alot of pink you gotta fix AFTER you have the baby.. and B.) If I'm gonna have more kids, Im not gonna start over each time with pink or blue. Luckily, not knowing I was having girls till the day they were born, made me have to be ready for pink or blue. So everything I have is neutral.

I say all this to tell you, I just know I'm gonna be that person... I, for the first time in my life will be able to prepare... all for nothin, because I just have this sneaky little feeling it might still be a girl. Anyone else ever felt like this?!?! Is this normal when you actually maybe might know what your having?? I guess I'm just in denial.

Anyways... so like I said, being told I was having a little man, I have been looking (and buying. :/... like I said I wouldnt) little boy clothes. I even went as far as to this weekend, pulling out the tub I have in storage labeled "BOY" and sorting through sizes and washing it all and even put it all away in his own little drawer!!! I'm only 21 weeks mind you. (I am super glad I did because I ended up having a TON of NB -3 months... and need to make sure I dont get anymore that size) Still sounds kinda silly. But I can't help but to know that he is gonna be ok... and that he is more than likely a HE.

Going through all the little boy clothes, I found just some plain white onesies and got some great ideas. I had thought about this awhile back. Taking the "wrangler" emblem off a pair of Nats work jeans and sewing it on a onesie. It turned out way cute, I think. Nat loved it.

Its hard to see real good in the picture.


When I showed him, I asked him what it needed, his response was it didn't need anything and he wondered why I though it did. So I proceeded to tell him... well, I guess Its cuz I'm used to having girls and if this were for my girl, I would put little frillies on the butt, or something cute with ribbon to fancy it up. He just laughed at me and said it looked just fine.

Then I had the idea... just from looking around at crafty blogs, to sew an "S" (for Stetson) on one... and that turned out kinda cute to.
I used some old fabric I have had sittin around, traced an S, cut it out and sewed it to the shirt.

2 new, personalized shirts for free!!! Made of stuff just sittin around the house!!! If you really look around at what you already have... the possibilities are endless as to how you can re-use YOUR OWN stuff!!! I love that cuz I'm all about saving a buck or 2.

Everything with the baby seems to be better. I am able to feel him move alot so that is nice and re-assuring that he is still doing ok in there. Thanks to everyone who prayed for us. Please continue to do so... because I can tell you, from here on out, it will be hard not to worry about him, or myself.

Also, you may or may not have heard but, this week Nats asthma has been kinda bad... and he has taken the usual precautions with his inhaler, and taking breathing treatments regularly. When he got home on Friday it was bad... worst I had ever seen it in the 4 years that I have known him. All he could do is sit on the couch and barely barely breath. Thats what he did for several hours. He was pale and weak. It was scary to see him like that. This guy that I depend on for so much, to protect me and our girls was sitting there completely helpless and breathless. I kept asking him what I needed to do and when he finally was able to talk to his mom, she could tell by talking to him on the phone that he had to go to the ER. I was so thankful because I suggested it several times... and if you know anything bout Nat, you know that he turned it down and told me that was NOT what he needed to do... and continued to do so the whole way to the hospital. Thankfully, with the help of his mom, we were able to convince him thats what he needed to do. He is still not fully recovered and is still on lots of medicine to help him get well. Keep praying for him. Its not easy for him to work under these circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...