Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stetson's room

We had absolutely nothing "planned" for Stetson's room. I had looked around alot and didn't find what I wanted... well, I found EXACTLY what I wanted but was not going to pay $250 for it. Not that he has a room to do yet, but when we move he will so I have been in no hurry to get his room done. A while back, I was looking through a crafty book of my sister in laws and it had a tutorial for making your own crib bumper. So that was my plan all along to attempt to make one!!! Turns out I did the stupid of all stupids and packed up my sewing machine and all my craft stuff and its all lost in the storage room. Never to be found again until we move. So I looked and looked and I settled on something, but my heart just wasn't content. Its not what I wanted for the little cowboy, and I couldn't bring myself to buy the stuff. So I had a little chat with my SIL and she said she would make the bumper for me, and a crib skirt.

I knew EXACTLY the fabric that I wanted because I have had my eyes on it since I was pregnant with Madelynn... and every time I would see it in Hobby Lobby, my heart would sink and I would think, if only I had a little boy, I would totally do his room in that. Turns out I had a girl, then another girl (not meaning that in a bad way at all) and just had to stare at the fabric and keep wishing.

The day has come my friends. I can't wait to get his room all put together!


The red horseshoe fabric is the crib skirt

I had found and bought this blanket online (another thing I had planned to make) before we had talked about her making the bumper for me. So it turned out perfect!!

I bought this lamp and re-covered it like I did with the girls' and spray painted it red. Turned out looking sooo good!!!!

There are a couple of other things I need to get for his room to be move in ready.

I hope that I don't get in trouble for saying this, but I do believe that Kinsey is in the market for making these things for people. So if your interested, or know anyone that might be let me know and I'll get you in touch with her. She does good work and is a good lady!!! She made my ever lovin' day by making this for me. THANKS KINS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out and the free advertising! That's really cool of you to do that. I'm going to spend some serious dough on fabric so that I can make several bumper pads and skirts and then I'll start a shop on Etsy. I just need lots of money and lots of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...

    I see several flaws with that bumper pad, and I'm sorry. But I'm learning. I'm teaching myself so it's a slow process. I'm sorry if it's not as good as you would expect. And I'm not saying this to 'fish' for a compliment like my mother says I do. I'm being completely truthful and innocent. I just want you to know that. Ok...I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...