Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good day gone bad.

I have been waiting, praying, and hoping for a nice warmish day so that we can get out and go to the park. So when I took the trash out this morning and felt how wonderfully pleasant it was a got all kinds of excited cuz today would FINALLY be the day we would get to go to the park. So I came in and starting the hour long process of getting the 4 of us ready, I even took the time to pack a little picnic for the girls. I was sooo excited that the day had come. So off we went to the park. Madelynn was soooo excited and just couldn't stop talking about going and playing at the park. Got Stetson in the stroller and grabbed the diaper bag (not sure why I did cuz I never would have... but later so thankful that I did) and we were off. The girls were bein all sorts of cute walking up to the park.

They really love to hold hands. They initiate it quite often without any of us saying a word and it melts my heart every time!! When we pray at meals, and before bed, P is always reaching for her sissy's hand. Its so sweet.

Anyways, back to the story, so I finally get Stetson situated in the stroller where I can see him and follow the girls around and help them... and take pictures... cuz I just don't seem to have enough on my computer.

Madelynn's all the way at the highest point of the play area and she's just laughin and giggling with excitement.

Payton is kinda staying lower, close to me. Then I mutter the words that I soon regret. I asked the girls to go down these double slides together. (The end of the slide wasn't your average height. I'm not a short gal, and I'd say it was probably up to my hip. On a regualr slide you have to bend over to catch your child, this one there probably would be no need!) So Payton stopped and looked up at her sister, waiting for her to come slide. Just as soon as she turns back towards me, she slips and lands flat on her back and goes flying down the slide. I mean flying like someone had waxed it or something. So fast that I was standing just to the side of the slide and before I could even process what was happening, and go catch her fall, she was down the slide, and her body went completely horizontal (up in the air) to where she was laying on her tummy... and thats just how she landed, flat on her face. My immediate thought was -Oh my, this isn't going to be a good outcome-. A tad scared of what I might pick my daughter up and see, I grabbed her and immediately blood was everywhere! All over me, all over her shirt, so I run over to the diaper bag and get some wipes and she immediately bleeds through one. I try to stop the bleeding as best I can to see what happened. Then I realize she has bit through her lip a tad and I start to panic. Here I am, at the park all alone with my 3 kids, and my child is bleeding like crazy.... As my mind is running a million miles an hour trying to figure out what to do I remembered I had got my sister-in-law's phone number out of Nat's phone just the other day. So I called her and asked her to call one of her daughters to come help me. Payton finally stopped bleeding, and I got everything loaded up then I ran the kids over to their cousin's house house, and hurried to the ER with Payton. She finally got all calmed down and I could see that from the park, to the ER, the gash had closed up tremendously and I felt so much better. They checked her out and decided it would do more harm than healing to stitch it, so just let it heal itself. I was so grateful!! I was not looking forward to that if it were to need to be done. Her nose was swollen and bloody, she has a pretty good size gash on the inside of her bottom lip, and a smaller one on the outside, her frenulum was busted, a cut between her nose and lip and a scraped up chin and nose.

This was her at the ER.

We picked up the other 2 munchkins and I dropped them off at home with Nat so I could run to the Post Office real quick and when I got home, this is what Payton was doing:
I was really worried about her eating and drinking so I was really relieved to see her eating! Cleaning her up was a different story. :)

By that night, she was already looking a ton better


only my Payton...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...