Thursday, January 6, 2011

5

Today, my Stetson is 5 months old!! Oh my sakes alive, I know I've said it before but that boy... mmm that boy. I just love him... and I personally think that he is the cutest little boy I have laid eyes on... but I am a bit biased, I'll admit. I just wanna squeeze his head off. I won't, of course.
\
At 5 months Stetson:
-FINALLY rolled over this morning, for the first time. I have been reading a little on preemie babies and their development because I was wondering why he hadn't even tried to roll over yet. I learned that preemie's have 2 different ages. One being their actual age (5 months) and the other being their "supposed to be" age (4 months). I really don't know for sure if he is later at this than the average baby because my MIL brought up a good point, we have been traveling so much and here and there and everywhere and he really hasn't had the time to have the amount of floor time he should be having. So I will be interested to see when he makes other developmental milestones from here on out.
-16 lbs.
-size 4 diapers
-size 6-12 months clothes
-Size 2 shoes
-7 oz.'s
-so so very ticklish, especially under his neck
-Loves to sit up in the boppy and be on the floor with his sissy's
-dislikes laying
-STILL waking in the night once or twice.
-Has to have a blanket wrapped up around his face to sleep soundly.
-Yes, this gives his mother anxiety because his face is almost always covered up.
-When he gets tired, hungry, or mad, he gets his hands up to his head and scratches and scratches vigorously, resulting in severe scratches on his head and forehead. Seems kinda like an anger thing than him trying to itch it. That is part of the reason the blanket goes up around his head, I wrap his hands in it to avoid him scratching himself.
-Will sit and watch the girls for forever! He especially has a liking for Payton.
-Daddy's voice completely catches him. The second Nat walks in the door, Stetson can be throwing a fit and he will immediately stop and look for his daddy.... and once he catches daddy's face he will follow him with a huge grin on his face until he can't see him anymore.
-Always so happy, and only fusses when he's hungry.
-Has had cereal mixed with apple juice which he liked, banana's which he, so far, doesn't to much care for. At first he spit them out every single bite. About half way through he started to actually swallow and not make faces.

and an interesting fact: Today exactly 1 year ago I found out I was pregnant with Stetson.

Also today marks 5 years that Nat and I have been together!!!
January 6, 2006. Nat and I had been pretty good friends for a good year or so at this point. Nat was on vacation in NM, I was in my bedroom supposed to be sleeping but we were texting. Which by the way, Nat payed a pretty hefty fine for. That was back when texting was new... and apparently neither of us knew that we DID NOT have unlimited texting.. and we were texting like CRAZY! Nat proved himself right then and there when he paid mine and his outrageous cell phone bills. :) Anyways... (yes he totally asked me to be his girlfriend over text.. I still tease him about that one) for Christmas I had given him a card... and I went waaaay out on a limb (which is so not like me, but it turned out to be a good thing!) The card said All I want for Christmas is... then you opened it and their was a mirror... Get it?? From the year that we were friends, I knew that he was the one that I had waited, and prayed for for so many years. So I was kinda wanting to be more than just friends... and I could soooo tell that he liked me. He told me much later, like after we were married that that Christmas card made him make the move (go me!!). Anyways, he texted me and told me that he honestly, and sincerely loved me and he wanted to know if I would be his girlfriend. I, obviously, said YES! I then (honest to gosh) went and threw up cuz I was so nervous. Then I woke up my sister and told her and then I never went to sleep. He got back from his trip and we had our first little date at Sonic. He brought me a rose and a box of trinkets that he had gathered for me while on his trip. I still have that box still with everything in it... I also still have the rose he gave me.

Isn't that sweet?? That text message that I had saved on my phone until my phone broke meant so much to me and I went back and read it every single day. And that spot at Sonic where we had our first date still brings butterflies to my stomach to look at, and to remember that sweet night where we first began. I remember being soooo nervous that he was gonna kiss me. Silly, I know, but I just love the memories.... and I love that guy. He means so much to me 5 years later! God has brought us a million miles from 5 years ago. Not only that fact that we now have 3 kids together, but in our relationship. How we've grown and matured together. Its been a fun ride my love! Lets keep on truckin!!

P.S. Don't worry, he DIDN'T kiss me on the first date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...