Monday, February 7, 2011

6 months

My big'ern boy was 6 months yesterday! Half way to a year! Crazy how fast he is growing up. We have kinda made a little discovery with the little man. Know how I said he has been so fussy and we can't figure out why?? I think we figured it out!


The girls enjoyed being swaddled... but they never cried for it. When he cries, that is precisely what he wants! He wants to go to sleep, and he NEEDS to be swaddled. All I'm thinkin is -oh my, what have we created?????- Will he go to college needing his daddy to swaddle him every night??? Not really... but holy moly its amazing the 360 that has transpired in our house! I've been able to sleep much better, cuz he's sleeping better at night. Uno problemo. I can't swaddle him. No matter what, no matter how hard I try, he WILL get out of my swaddle in a matter of seconds. I don't know of I'm afraid I'm going to hurt him, or what the deal is... but he will only stay if Nat swaddles him. Therefore, day naps when daddy isn't here, he's a little more fussy. I'm just glad he's been happier with life!

Stetson at 6 months:
-18 big 'ol fat lbs!
-Size 9-12 months clothes.
-Eats baby food 2 times a day and likes most of it.
-Doesn't like bananas or sweet potatoes a whole lot.
-He is almost 100% sitting up on his own! He'll sit for a good 30 minutes at a time with no support.
(don't mind the fact that the fridge is open in the background and I'm sitting on the floor taking pictures of my baby... Pregnancy does some whacky things to you I tell ya.)

-Still just loves and adores his sisters... and they love him that much more! Madelynn loves to hold her bubba.
(look at that fat boy!!!)

-Wants (key word) to go to bed around 7:30 or 8... but we've made that mistake and let him go to sleep and he was up, ready to conquer the world at 5 am. Ya... so we put up with a tired, fussy baby for about an hour and he goes down at 9... and up at 7. Which is still entirely to early for us Roses.. but better than 5 I suppose. I've kinda had to change my whole life schedule around to be able to be up at 7 with him. I just hope this is a faze! I know I'm a wimp.. but were just not morning people. None of us!
-He completely and utterly LOVES me! I promise, I'm not making it up. If I walk outta the room, he cries of he sees me. I got me a momma's boy!!!!... and I love every second of it!

-waiting for teeth to pop out any second now!

Just a little side note... or 2 here. We got our water back yesterday!! After 5 1/2 days without water, I realize why I was born in the era God chose me to be born in. He knew I wasn't gonna be the --go down to the creek and fetch water-- type of girl. Just kiddin... in all honesty I think it would have been fantastic to grow up with Laura and Mary Ingalls. Calling your mom, ma.. and your dad, pa. I guess if you don't know about running water... then fetching water at the creek won't be so bad after all. Even tho we got our water back, the hot water heater went out... but I am by no means complaining about that! I would boil water to do the dishes any day outta the week as long as I am able to flush the toilet and soak my dishes. I think we've got it fixed today tho.. so showering in my house is soon to happen!

Also, all together, in my month of dieting, I've lost.... 15 lbs!! I feel so great about myself and my body feels so much better now that I am eating healthier. Probably one of the best things about all this is that I haven't had to take a prilosec but (maybe) once a week!!!!!!!!!! Ever since I was pg with Madelynn, I've had to take a heartburn pill every day in order to be able to sleep and function! But literally, since I've been on this diet, I might have to take one once a week! I LOVE that!!!

Also.... we are selling our stove if you, or anyone you might know are interested! Were selling it for $300. Bought it a year ago for $6oo. It is in great shape. I can get you more info and pictured just let me know!!!

Also, Nat and I have never really been big TV watchers... we've never gotten into a show that we can't ever miss or it'll rock our world. BUT, we have gotten into the show Prison Break. I'm aware this show has been out for a long time now, and that its even over but OMGosh its sooo good!! Thats what we spend our evenings doing now. After we put the kids down we start our show!

Also.... just kiddin, I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...