Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mini vaca

We had to make a trip to TX to deposit a check... (darn)... It was a great excuse to go back for another visit. :) We had a great time! The girls got to spend a lot of time with their cousins and I was soo glad! The past 2 times we have been down, either my kids have been sick, or the Dixon boys have been sick.

This was the most decent pic I have... and its horrible! I later discovered someone messed with the settings on my camera and now that we are home, and I've seen all the pics from the trip they're mostly awful!

As usual, we spent most our time visiting. Stetson got to re-unite with his GF... and she is a doll! She is a 3 months younger than him. I think that he was fascinated with someone smaller than him. We already have a pre-arranged marriage set up for these two. :)

We celebrated Valentines day. Its always a great day when you wake up to chocolate.


bed head!




Nat and I got to spend the day together which was pretty much the greatest gift ever! We really haven't been able to go out since we moved down here. So it was much needed and a great day of shopping!

... and the most exciting thing that happened while we were visiting was being able to dedicate the little man.


My beautiful girls.


The whole fam (- Liz)
Madelynn doing what she does best....

We were/are so close to closing on our house. Then we got a dreaded phone call. Everytime our loan officer calls I cringe a little knowing something not good could be on the other end. So far we had NOTHING bad on the other end. BUT, In case you don't know, you can't sell/buy a house when the flooring isn't finished. Makes sense I suppose... but it being concrete and all, we thought that would be "finished" enough.. people stain, paint and live in concrete all the time. Turns out for it to be "finished" it has to have a sealant on it. We knew that it didn't have flooring/carpet but were kinda excited about this aspect cuz we could start over fresh and put what WE want in the house right off the bat. So we are just taking a little detour and putting the flooring in before we will be able to close. I'm guessing/hoping this will only add a week or so onto the closing date. We'll see. Nat and I are going to go over and paint the concrete in the kitchen and bathrooms, and carpet will be installed sometime this week also. I'm excited to see how the painting concrete looks and how I like it. Its pretty much just a cheap route to get in the ASAP. We wanna do tile in the bathrooms and kitchen and that will be more time consuming so we'll do that at a later date. That's where were at with that. Can't wait for it all to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...