Friday, February 25, 2011

Denial

I pretty much can't believe what I'm about to say... its another one of those never say never type things. I always said I would never cut my girls' hair cuz it was "too much to take care of." I would always let it be long and beautiful and we would never have battles over fixing hair... nope, never. Go ahead and laugh.

I've been contemplating a haircut for Madelynn for some time now because, as I said... it was becoming a dreadful battle for the both of us. She said "owwww" before I even got the comb on her head... and she ALWAYS has severe tangling and it took a good 30 minutes just to fix her hair everyday. I have asked Nat for some time to ask on of his co-workers (whose wife is a beautician) if his wife cut kids hair. Nat, being Nat... forgot. and forgot. and forgot. I know I could have taken her anywhere else but Im just nervous to take her to someone I don't know, or that someone recommended. So then I got to brainstorming: 1.) I've always wanted to go to cosmetology school. 2.) I do a pretty decent job CUTTING Nat's hair. (Please note I said CUTTING, and not USING THE CLIPPERS. That is one thing I fail at miserably... and poor Nat walks around with a botched haircut.) 3.)How hard could it be?? Her hair is curly and isn't gonna show mistakes. So I gave it a shot. I (tried) to watch utube videos on layering hair and found nothing to what I was wanting. I finally just gave up and decided I would just do what I know. After all, I've gotten my hair layered many times before!

Before
She was really excited the whole time and she did great for a 2.5 year old. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I said "look at the picture".... "look at mama." She got pretty annoyed with me by the end.

After


It turned out sooo cute! and she loved it. She kept looking in the mirror with a huge grin on her face saying "Its butiful mama"

I sent my mom a pic and she mentioned it would look really cute with bangs. I'm really not to much of a bag person but I couldn't help but agree. So we decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. They turned out soo cute!

Now, hopefully hair fixing everyday isn't such a task.

P.S. I actually found myself doing double takes between her and Payton now that their hair is the same length. Is that horrible???

3 comments:

  1. Aww such a cute cut on her! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Cute : )
    welcome to the world of "makin' it simple for mom!"
    love your blog......

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...