Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Capital "S"

For stupid??..... or for SMART??

I like........ ok... love to shop. Its therapy for me. I'm not like outta control, max out credit cards crazy about shopping. I love to grocery shop even... it just does something for me. Nat is kinda supportive of my shopping habits... but not always thrilled about it. I like to (try to) justify some of my spending extravaganzas and its almost always "It was on sale!!!!!!" Its true, other than groceries, I never buy anything at full price! I do some serious shopping around, researching and reading reviews for days before I make the plunge on a purchase. I'm a bargain shopper. So in reality I am helping my family in the end... right??? I like to think I am anyways.

.......Just to clear things up, I'm not like a crazy shopper and I would never put my family in jeopardy financially with my habits. Its just if we have some extra money... I'm more than likely going to spend some.

So.... hergo the capital "S".... we bought something, 2 somethings at that... and to make it all the more better, the plunge into buying these somthings is.... They were on SALE!!!! YEA me. Ok... so once I tell you what it is, your probably gonna think I'm a crazy maniac!....and truth be known... I am. This was all me. All my stupidity. As Nat always does, he tried to talk me out of it.

Meet Axel
(best pic I have of him)
but isn't he a handsome boy?
He is such a sweet boy! He's calm and loving. Doesn't hardly chew on things. He is gonna be the protector. He loves to be outside and exploring. The girls have been playing outside a lot the past few days and he stays with them no matter where they go. Just what we have been wanting!

and Aussie

Little miss is a feisty little thing. She's Nat's dog For sure! :) She likes to be inside around all the action, around the kids and the craziness. She likes to chew, and just to show you how crazy this girl is, we've already had a near death experience with her. I let them play outside and she got herself stuck in between our house, and the shed next to it. I was home with the kids and heard her yelping... I eventually found her and tried to get her out, but couldn't.... she was basically being squeezed to death. It scared me cuz there was nothing I could do and I slowly just watched her breaths get shorter. I finally got her to back up where there was more space for her and eventually got it to where she could get under the house and she finally got out.

We have been talking about getting a dog, or 2 since we've been working on buying our house. 20 acres and all, how could you not have a couple dogs?? We've had dog troubles in the past, as you may remember and that has left us with just Mitsy girl. She's 9 years old, small(er) than a big dog, and will probably live out the rest of her life as an inside dog being left alone by all the small children. She has been living with Nat's parents for about 7 months now since I moved into my parents, and has stayed since we've moved down here simply cuz adding a dog to the small house would just be to much. So you might be thinkin to yourself... then why would you go out and buy TWO of the suckers?? Well, I am a professional justifier, so I shall justify my reasonings. 1.) we'll only be here 1-2 more weeks.. how horrible could it be??. 2.) THEY WERE ON SALE... (cuz they had been there longer than they would have liked.) 3.) They were way cute! 4. We were in Lubbock, at the pet store in the mall... I saved us gas, AND another potential shopping trip to come back to Lubbock to pick out our dogs when we do get our house.

Sounds good right?? Ok, ok, I know what your thinking again. Who in their right mind would want to put themselves through 2 puppies, and 3 small children?? ME! NO doubt about it Nat and I both agree that we want our kids growing up with dogs.... and probably, honest to gosh, hands down the #1 reason we decided to do this right now is because there are coyotes BAD out at our new house. They will come right up in the yard and poop. After we found that out were like for sure, were getting dogs asap. That way when the kids go out to play, the dogs will go with them. No matter what. We'll get the dogs as pups and they'll be trained to stay with, and protect the kids. If, God forbid, something were to ever happen. We would always want the dogs to be with the kids if they were outside by themselves. If we were getting a house in town. I wouldn't have done it. I just can't put a price on my children's safety, so if that means raising 5 kids, potty training 2, and raising 3, I'll do it. After all, I don't sleep anyways. :)

they had a little trouble getting along while eating, but that has since been worked out.


They're both 2 months old. We initially decided to just get Axel cuz when we took the 2 of them out to play with them, he was calmer and more gentle with the kids. After much deliberation after leaving him at the pet store for the remainder of our shopping day, we decided to go ahead and get them both. That's been my plan all along, to get 2 puppies when we did get dogs.... cuz lets just be honest here, if your gonna do it, then do it. Just like if your gonna have kids, then have them all 1 year apart... sorry, just had to throw that in there. ANYWAYS... we've had them for about a week now and I think its safe to say that its going great! They are both extremely smart (breeds) of dogs... and it shows. They're doing great with the kids and with potty training.

She really likes Stetson and wants to be all up in his business all the time. She is, for the most part, relatively gentle with him.

Our dream come true! Girls playin outside with the dogs.

I vote SMART move!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...