Monday, May 23, 2011

My gift.

Well... to put it simply, I've been: too tired. kinda down. tired. worn out. we've battled.. and are still battling sickness. and did I mention tired?? Seems like any time I've had free time, I've wanted nothing more than to sit down do NOTHING!

Anyways... so for Mother's day Nat got me the stuff to make a flower garden. We picked up a few hanging plants at Lowes a few weeks back and having them around has just reminded me how much I LOVE flowers... So being the wonderful man that he is, he got me stuff to plant a garden out front!
... and because I'm spoiled rotten, he did all the hard work. :)


The area right outside the front door was pure dirt and rocks. You can tell that the previous owners at one point just had all rocks right there... which I'm sure was nice at the time, but years and years of desert sand + desert wind created a huge mess of dirt and rocks... SO we (yes, I helped) raked up and got all the rocks out onto the drive way and blew (with a blower) all the dirt out. It was pretty successful... and pretty DIRTy... (get it... DIRT-y) (hahaha) Then Nat put up a divider between the rock and where we were going to make the garden.

Then me and the girls planted seed and watered it and now we wait till our flowers grow!
We did get mulch all in the garden, but I forgot to take a picture.. so just imagine it till I can get you one. :) It looks soooo much better than it did. I kept telling myself to remember to get a "before" picture... but I never did.

and of course.. no post would be complete without the kids.
Little man loves to be outside.. and he crawls his little self all over the place eating things on the ground. Is it bad to let him continue to eat dirt?? I mean, I get it out of his mouth any time I get the chance to... but he seriously like enjoys eating dirt and "ground" stuff.

mmm.. look at those legs! He's 23 lbs of pure heaven to squeeze, kiss and love.


Little Ms. Payton. Love those beautiful blues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...