Monday, June 20, 2011

Nap for mama...

= blog time for mama.... cuz I can't sleep! I have always had a love/hate relationship with naps (unless I'm pregnant.... then its a love/love relationship!!)
I was just telling Nat that I feel so behind on "catching up" with all these things I have floating around in my head.

Sooo.. I guess I'll start out with the most obvious...
Father's Day!
Woo Hoo!! Ya'll know me, I'm a holiday FREAK! I love 'em. I want to go all out and make it a special memory.
For me, the day started out normal: 1 finds a mountain dew from the night before and chugs it... followed by the 2 oldest pouring out a 2 lb bag of shredded cheese and eating it for breakfast... ya know, just the norm. ;)
and yes, I took pictures of it...

... and through all this I just wanted to get the little hooligans to surprise daddy with their Fathers day shirts. (Yes, I'm the cheesy mom who buys those $4 shirts at Wal Mart for holidays.)

In case ya'll didn't know, I love, love, love my honey! I never ever want him to doubt my love and appreciation for him. I feel so honored that he sees me fit to stay home and not bring a dime to the table while I stay home and take care of his kids. My heart just swells with the way I get to live my life. So I'm always pretty excited to get to honor him and all he does for us on Father's day.



Nat's a pretty hard guy to buy for cuz honestly, nothing is special to him.. he doesn't have a "favorite" anything... So when he says little things that he likes, or wants, I hear them.. and I remember them, and I think I've gotten pretty good at hitting his buttons, so to speak.
So... he ha(d) this favorite glass cup. Just a huge cup that he love(d) and dr(a)nk everything out of. It (was) Daddy's cup. Notice I'm using passed tense when talking about this cup. The other day I had just got this glass outta the dishwasher and it was still a bit warm, and as I filled it with ice and got him a DP outta the fridge... I walked over to the table, started pouring the DP and as I was pouring I verbalized what had been going through my mind since I pulled the cup outta the dishwasher. "I wonder of this cup is too hot to be pouring this ice cold DP into..." and before I finished my sentence.... CcccCrrrrRRRaaaaAAaaccccCCkkkkK! sure nuff... Dr. Pepper starts pouring out of the side of the cup. Nat was kinda upset. So I made up for it and got him 2 even BIGGER cups. He was pretty excited about them.

I also bought this ring for him. A long time ago I was looking at some kinda similar to this and he said how much he would love to have one.

My whole world.
Mmmm I just love all of them.

I also made this video for him... and I can't get it to upload here, so you can watch it here. It was a pretty big success. I think we both bawled our eyes out. I made it and watched it over and over, but seeing it on the big TV with the music up loud.... uhhh it just got me!

I just see the look on his face in every single picture and Its pure love, joy and perfection in his eyes... and how could a mama ask for more for her babies?!? Such a blessing to have a daddy who adores his children like Nat does.

.....and we all know I wouldn't be here if it weren't for another pretty awesome man in my life. Once again, not being able to be with my dad on Father's Day was pretty sad. But I'm extremely thankful for him, who he is to his kids and the great example of what a man should be. I feel pretty blessed to have been raised by my dad... who truly is the greatest dad EVER!!!

1 comment:

  1. I watched that video yesterday an cried like a baby!! You done good, sister.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...