Sunday, February 12, 2012

18 months.

I don't know about y'all, but I feel like 18 months is a monumental age to celebrated... one that deserves a big 1/2 birthday party and a recognition. As most of you mamas know, 18 months is pretty much OUT of the anything baby stage, and INTO big boy business. Know what I'm sayin?? 
Well, all this to say my little dude has hit that mark!!!!!! 
*tear*
I CANNOT believe it!!!
Many many times when all 3 were still so small, I would look at the future of our life and see nothing. Absolutely nothing.
No light at the end of the tunnel. No "Easy" heading our way. Just 3 little helpless babies. 
Diapers.
Bottles.
goo goo ga ga.
No sleep.
BABIES!

Well, I feel like I've made it to a pretty exciting time in life! and although the average person would probably disagree that my life be "easy,"I would say we are at an easy time in life.

Little man at 18 months:
-Is talking up a storm!! I think its safe to say that he has picked up the talking thing earlier than either of the girls ever did. He just talks and talk and talks!! So much so that I can't even remember all he says to list the words. ;)
-Sleeping in a big boy bed for a couple months now. After 2 nights of "sleep training" i.e.... getting out of bed and being put back in the bed for 4 hours straight, he stays in his bed like a champ!!
-No more ba ba! 
-Loves all things BALL!! 
-Loves, loves, loves animals. 
-Anytime he hears any dog bark he says "asel, STOP" (axel, stop)... even if its not Axel barking. 
-Loves to tell you to STOP. Stop tickling him. Stop touching him. Stop this, Stop that. 
-Eats like there is no tomorrow. I've found myself forgetting to feed his appetite. I'm used to the girls who never eat.... He, on the other hand needs snacking in between meals. I find that he gets very very fussy when he is hungry.


-Loves to help with chores around the house. Helping unload the dishwasher is his favorite. 
-Loves and adores Payton. They have  always clicked.
-He is just a sweet, sweet boy. Loves to love. Always happy. Always has a smile on his face.
-Adores his daddy, and when Nat gets home from work, he acts as if he hasn't seen him in months!
-Has the most beautiful, curly head of hair.




 -Will not, refuses, absolutely wont sit in a highchair/booster. Wants to be like his sisters and sit at the big table.
-Sings the "clean up" song when asked to pick up his toys.
-Is an AMZING listener. Another thing I think he picked up before the girls. You can tell that kid anything and he will do as you say!!

-I might be biased, but I think that he is the most handsome little 18 month old that i've ever laid my eyes on... and I think its safe to say he still holds his mama's heart in the palm of his hands.

Love you little dude!!

1 comment:

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...