Thursday, March 15, 2012

Family Vacation Pt.3

To not rush home after the zoo, we stayed another night, with plans to go to Ikea the next day for some organizational items that I've been wanting to look at.... 
but my husband has this new love , obsession with firearms and he is enjoying "fixing them up"... so to Cabela's we went... and I let I let him spend some extra "Ikea money" cuz I can't tell the man no and I think he deserves the moon for all he does for us. 
So... Ikea can wait.... and my honey has a pretty sweet looking gun. ;) 

I shouldn't make him sound like a bad guy.... I pretty much have to force him to buy anything for himself... and if at Cabelas I didn't tell him YES, get it... then he wouldn't ever buy it for himself. 

He did let me go shopping at the mall tho. We were able to get the kids some spring/summer clothes AND some shoes. My goodness, it seems like all 3 of my babies had little foot growth spurts all at once!! 

The Grapevine Mills Mall is such a neat place. All my years living in TX, I don't think that I had ever been there! We went to the SeaLife aquarium in the mall. 


















Although the kids were done and ready to be home, it was hot, we were a tad tired and grouchy, and the walk to the potty was 4 miles away and I took it twice, it was a good time. :) 
It really was. I really like aquariums. 

After our first ever -leaving the blankie at a public place- episode we went to the Rainforest Cafe (also in the mall) and if you've ever eaten there, you know what a neat place that was!

The girls loved it, and Stetson just slept thru it until the very end... which, when the little boy who wakes to a pen drop sleeps through the "Rainstorm" with animals going crazy, lights flashing on and off as lighting would, and the sounds of rain and thunder... you know that he is BEYOND exhausted.



After having to watch the train come and go the whole time we were eating, a train ride was a must after we were done.

After some shopping, we headed home!! 
So thankful for the opportunity to be able to do such a fun thing with our little family!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...