Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Is it time yet??


Yesterday was a big day... Officially got Madelynn enrolled in school.. and got all her school supplies bought, and uniforms washed. Her little backpack sits before me, full of school supply goodies. On one side, my heart aches... that my baby is old enough to start this "school" thing... that were actually starting this "school" thing.

On the other side, I  am thrilled beyond pieces that my prayers in the school department have been answered.. thrilled that she is so very excited to begin this journey. So very thankful that she is not going into this blindly, but will have her mimi, pawpaw, cousin and her aunties all there to protect her... 

When thinking through all this, On the homeschool/private school list one of the "cons" of going to school would be that I wouldn't be there. 
You moms know what I'm saying when I say one of the hardest parts about sending them to school is not knowing what they're doing and not seeing them all day long... like you have since the day they laid that little baby on your chest in the hospital... not being there to protect them if they needed you. Not being there, period, if they needed you. 
So, I must say that my heart is at ease knowing there will be so many people that she is familiar with...

and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really looking forward to the break. Madelynn is, how you say, the troublemaker when it comes to her siblings. ;) So I am excited to start this little journey with Payton and Stetson also.

If you think about it, on Aug. 15th... pray for my mama soul. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...