Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Money- 824,989 Us- 1

As I mentioned in my previous post, we started the FPU class........
and, I've been SUPER convicted about how wrong I've been in the financial dept.. I thought I did things ok... I mean, we paid the bills each month, and they were always on time....... and then the rest is Mara's blow money....
Right??
Yep, I was 100% WRONG!!!
but... 
thats how I've done things the whole 5 years that we've been married!!!
Praise the Lord for being forgiving of my woes... and Praise the Lord that we are only 23 and 25 and we have sooo much time ahead of us to make things right!!! 
and I am SO grateful for a forgiving husband who takes me as I am and hasn't absolutely disowned me for spending all his hard earned money on senseless stuff.

Soooo with that... this week we had a rather high and unexpected veterinary bill thanks to the old Mitsy girl (who had to have surgery)... and WE PAID CASH MONEY FOR IT!!! 
Before, we would have used a credit card, or borrowed money, or have to spread it out over months of payments... 
As you can imagine, we were super pumped and it felt AWESOME to do that... so I finally feel like we are taking control of our money, and the money is not controlling ME.
I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...