Friday, August 9, 2013

3.

My baby is THREE!!!
I know, you know, we all know...
I'm in denial that he is 3.
Life is so simple.
I aint complainin'. I am LOVING this season in life. No diapers. Life doesn't revolve around a nap, I open the car door and they all pile in and buckle themselves, eating, sleeping, its all so SIMPLE!!!
I think I can safely say that as much as It breaks my heart for my kids to get older, I equally love the change in life that comes with that.
Simplicity.

My bub, my little man. Ohhh how I love that little boy. He is special.
Theres 2 things that come straight to my mind when I think of Stetson right now:
-His best friend, his favorite person in life, his side kick, the love of his life is his Payton. Those 2 are inseparable!! It makes a mamas heart happy.
and
-He loves cars, trucks, and trucks pulling trailers. He's always got a car in hand, zooming across the wall, down the stair case or on the floor. He is REALLY obsessed with his daddy pulling a trailer behind his truck, and he is even MORE obsessed with his daddy backing a trailer. He has a toy truck, with a trailer on it and he is always backing it up. He also loves to back his bikes up. NO straight parking for him. If he's told to put his bikes up, it is backed up perfectly where it belongs. He's funny.... and (obviously) really obsessed with his daddy. :)

We aren't really doing parties this year
*shock* *gasp* *shock*
I don't know whats come over me. I just didn't really feel like doing much of anything but enjoying one on one time with them.. So, we are letting each kid pick what they wanna do... and were doin it! Bubba wanted to go to the zoo. So, to the zoo we went. We had never been to the San Antonio zoo, so we thought we'd change things up a bit! It was a really nice place! I definitely think that we will be going again!!

It was hot!
(shocker, right?)
but manageable. There was lots of shade and inside a/c areas.
.....
and
...... 
this was our first BIG trip without a stroller!
It went really well, there was one time where I wished we would have had it, but we marched through and the kids did great! We were there from 10am to 5pm... so they were definitely troopers through the heat, and walking. Not to mention we woke them up at 6am to leave... and only 2 took 30 min naps on the way to San Antonio. 


This monkey put on a show for us. We stood and watched it forever. He would spot some ppl he didn't like and go nuts! I was ever so grateful for the gate between him and us cuz I have no doubt he would have unleashed fury on those poor guys. 


and because I think its a feat in life... I must make known that now, here are my 2 three year olds. ;)

Love them!!






This is something I will elaborate on in her bday post, but my Payton is OBSESSED with crocodiles/alligators... so it was pretty darn awesome when we got to the crocodile exhibit and he put on a show for us! Payton loved it.

Theres a really neat kids area where we spent a lot of time! Lots of activities for them!
and I just so happened to look on the website and see that they had a little water area for the kids.. so I was very grateful for that and it was perfect for the end of the day when we were hot and tired. 





We ended the day with supper at Red Robin, where my dear son was absolutely smitten with our waitress. He is usually shy around pretty girls, but NEVER like he was with her. He could hardly contain himself when she would talk to him. It was hi-larious!! 
Oh the male mind. 
They came and sung to him, and we enjoyed some cake.
We are blessed, and thankful for our 3 years with our little man.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...