Tuesday, August 26, 2014

5

My last little babe has turned 5!

Payton, Payton, Payton.
Isn't she a beauty??
She has definitely been my most transformed child. She is quite the unique girl! The past 6 months she has bloomed into her own little self.

Payton is my little animal lover! We've recently taken in a little dog that was found, and on his way to the pound! He absolutely loves this kids… but he is pretty into Payton. 



She has created her own little fashion! I've had to let my pride down and my perfectly, put together, always looking nice mentality has been thrown out the window. Its been a mama lesson! A good one at that. I am now to where when she comes downstairs dressed for the day, I smile and think -thats my Payton. 


I have grown to love, and look forward to what she picks for the day.

Like this Angry Bird shirt for instance, It kinda irks me. I got it at JBF, it was attached to another shirt that I wanted and I had every intention of getting rid of it. Well, she found it, and now wears it every single day she possible can.

She picks the wildest combinations! The other day I picked out her dress for church. (something that i don't do often, but sometimes I just want my kids to wear other things.) I picked a simple, grey cotton dress. 
Nothing girly. Nothing frilly. Nothing poofy, and surprisingly, she was okay with it! 

She went upstairs to put on a pair of bloomer type shorts…. instead, she came down with purple jean shorts, front of the dress tucked into it.. and then proceeded to go pick out a red and black lady bug antenna head band. 
This is Payton! 

We went to the mall and I needed to get some make-up form Ulta, and of course my girls wanted to try some make up so I told them they could put on a little eye shadow.

 (btw, side story… the MOST embarrassing thing happened while we were there… there was a girl, maybe 17 or 18 putting on make up… Payton, who is bad about staring, was watching her, I quietly told her to stop staring. Well… the girl thought I was talking to her! She quietly told me -oh I was just looking because they're all so close…. 
I was horrified! 
I smiled, hoping that she would re-think what I just said and realize I was talking to my daughter, not her. 
She walked off. 
Aghh! 

Anyways! When I saw Payton's choice of make-up…. It was very much her!

bright and mis matched! 

She is also very into wearing mis-matched shoes. 
The girls have several pairs of Old Navy flip flops… We often have to go on the search when Madelynn wants to wear her shoes. ;)

and heres another fashion choice! 
Lovely, huh?


Nat calls her two-toned… for obvious reasons.

Aside from being a complete fashionista, she loves to be outside, she loves to rides bikes and loves to get dirty!

Oh, and we have been instructed not to call her Payton. She is pretty adamant that that is not her name. She wants us to call her Pooty. A nick name that I've called her since she was a wee thing. 

I adore her. She keeps me guessing, and keeps our home mellow and sweet!
Happy 5th birthday my pooty! Keep on being you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...