Sunday, May 3, 2009

Be prepared... Its a long one.

Wow. What a weekend! We went to Abilene/Buffalo gap this weekend for Karl and Crystals wedding. It was fun and alot of work... Nat being in the wedding= Mara being a single parent. We didn't really get to see each other a whole lot cuz he was always havin to do somethin. Thankfully my mom and Micaela came for the wedding so I was able to hang out with them and have there help. 

Sleep, or I should say naps, were non existant for Madelynn. I dont think that one person saw her without making a comment on how tired she looked. We were always somewhere with lots of people and new faces.. how could a girl sleep with that?!!?  She has not eaten breakfast or lunch today and has only had 2 bottles as of now and I think that its because she is so completely tired and worn out that she doesn't even want to eat... something that we have never seen before from her! 

this is what she looks looked like this whole weekend and now. (As she lays in her bed screaming) Her schedule is so thrown off, I will be happy when she is back to normal!

We were on the second floor in the hotel that we stayed in and were so sweetly blessed (not) with hearing little feet run across the floor above us at ALL hours of the day/night... when I say all, I mean ALL! I am tellin ya, every time that we have ever stayed in a hotel, we always hear what sounds like a heard of elephants above us. I was askin Nat, at 3 in the morning, if he thought maybe hotels hire someone to stay in a room and pay them to run across the floor to annoy people.  I am not even kidding. It is crazy. Like seriously, what are you and your child doing up at 3 in the morning and why are you letting your kid run all over the place??? (You could very well distinguish what kind of person was walking across the floor) It was horrible. So it was hard getting her to sleep with that craziness and of course, the thought of her momma being 2 feet away from her was way to exciting so I turned out all the lights and sat there till she finally stopped screaming and fell asleep. 

Do you see the tiredness in this kids eyes???



I made the mistake of my life on Fri. night... Sharon brought me some sonic for dinner. Just a burger and a cherri limeaide... Bad idea! In case you dont know, I have the worst heartburn on the face of the earth!!! (I like to think I do atleast) It is pretty bad tho. Started when I as pg with Madelynn and never went away after I had her then I got pg again and I have had it since day 1! Tums are long gone, so I have been buying pepcid complete which has worked ok... till about 3 weeks ago when I started taking 3 or more a day. At 9 bucks (generic brand) a bottle, that was gettin way to expensive. So I finally gave in and bought prilosec (sp????) and its been AMAZING!!!! one pill a day and heartburns gone.... UNLESS you drink a cherri limeaide and eat a nice greasy burger with tator tots and then go to sleep 2 minutes later. The box never said that!!! :) So 2:00 Rolls around and Nat finally gets back from the "bachelor party" and I am dyin!!! So I just decide Im gonna wait it out and just deal with it cuz I didnt bring any back up or just in case heartburn meds. So Im trying to sleep and its just not happenin. 3:00 rolls around and im listening to the little pitter patter above us and getting very frustrated cuz I am sooooooo tired and sooooo annoyed and acid was eating away at my esophagus so I finally about 3:30 wake Nat up and tell him I cant do it anymore and I needed to run to the convenince store and get some tums or something and he says I dont wanna have to bug anyone to go out right now... just lay your head back... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?! I told him that I dont want anyone to be bugged by heartburn like I am right now... and I HAVE BEEN LAYING MY HEAD BACK!!! ugh... can you believe that!?!? (Nat is famous for carrying on a full blown conversation while sleeping and not knowing a thing about it the next morning, I have lots of fun with this!!) So I knew that he was sleep talking to me when he said just lay your head back... cuz he knows better than to say somethin like that to me when I am dying of heartburn. At this point it is gradually going down and I can hardly keep my eyes open so I just decide to forget it and I finally fell asleep.

Saturday was the wedding and my mom came down a little early and we went and ate lunch. It was freezing and sprinkling most of the day  (weather is just a little more dramatic when you have a baby) and I brought no jacket, no thick blanket, no pants and everything that I packed for her was sleeveless or shorts. So that was no fun, but we managed.

My beautiful little girl!

Dont they look good??? Nat looked very handsome. 
and our sweet little family. Even got a little smile outta the little girl.

another tired picture...

Madelynn had her first swim this weekend!! I was so excited to get her in the pool cuz she loves water so much, but has never had the chance to be in it, apart from baths. She really enjoyed it! I cant wait for summer!! I have a feeling we will be living in the pool!





We went to Kohls today... does anyone else vote that we need one in Angelo?? would that not be the greatest thing ever?? We didnt buy much just a few shirts for me and a few monster truck shirts that we had to get for the (maybe) little boy. I was looking at the childrens books and heard some ruckus coming form behind me and turn around to see my husband and daughter playing.... Dont you know that I am pg with my 3rd child????



And last but not least (sorry this was so long, just had alot to talk about!) Madelynn is the proud owner of a head that sits STRAIGHT on her shoulders! All the frustration and fighting her has paid off!! We got lots of comments this weekend about how much better it looked! I was glad! Mostly because we go to the Dr. tomorrow for her 9 month check-up and as of her last apt, the PT was going to tell Dr. Wehner that something else needed to be done cuz PT wasnt workin. So yay!! I am excited about that! If you notice in her pictures, it looks so much better! And as expected, when she gets tired or not feelin to great, it will still not be 100%.





1 comment:

  1. hotels are horrible for her age to try to sleep ... i was seriously considering going home last year on our visit to the zoo in san antonio...however it was worth it in the end. cold mylanta is AWESOME ... i loved the coldness of it for my HB with both the kids. and yes to the kohls...awwww the things you see in other cities....sigh....

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...