Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally, a slow week!

Not much goin on around here. We have had a really nice quiet, slow week, which I have enjoyed tremendously. Madelynn and I are getting waaaaay spoiled to having Nat around. I dont know what I am going to do when he gets a job!!! It will be hard for the both of us. Thats for sure!



This is Madelynn's new favorite past time... She crawls over by the door and finds lots of fun stuff on the ground that she can eat! Let me start out by saying, I do vacuum atleast once a day, but as the day progresses, and people go in and out, stuff gets tracked inside. Yesterday, after a long while of silence from the little princess, I (being the great, observant mother that I am) realize that I have not heard any sounds comin from her and decide I should go check on her... she is at her favorite spot, playin with daddys very dirty gross work boots, eating... are you ready?? a leaf, dirt, a small twig, and a rock. All in her one little itty bitty mouth at one time. So that was very exciting! Then later on in the day she was over there and found a screw gun and a gun. So needless to say, the 22 now has a new home. 

As I have said before, she loves to go play with the printer! The other day, Nat's boots were right in front of it and she could not get to it so she had to compromise.  Smart kid!





She didnt notice that I was watching her for a long while... when she did, she sat up and started to fall out. The whole process was quite funny. You could just tell the whole time what was goin through her little 9 month old brain.

And on to something I am sure that you are all wondering about.... or maybe not?? :) I have some pretty exciting news to share and some prayer to ask for! About a month or so ago, Nat applied to be a police officer. He has to pass a civil service exam, background check,  drug test (which im not sure he will be able to pass....) and I think thats it. Anyways, tomorrow is the big test!! I want everyone to know that I am sooooooooooooo very proud of him and all his hard work studying!! Nat is not to good in the book smart area, he could build you a house, or a vehicle, he could fix any problem that you ever could imagine having, but ask him to read a book or take a test on reading a book and you will probably get shot down very fast.. as his sweet mother knows from years of homeschooling... :) So this is a huge step for him and we have had many late nights studying together and getting all this stuff crammed in his brain and he has soaked it up like a sponge. He has such determination and an "I can do it" spirit! Its been great seeing this side of him when it comes to school stuff! He is a very smart guy! So if you could, say a little prayer for him in the mornin. The test is at 9 a.m.  and I know from the many late nights up with him that he can pass this test! 

And... I just wanna share this cuz its my most favorite time of the day!!

Right after bath time. Got a full belly, her hair is still damp and freshly combed got those cozy jammies on and the eyes start to get heavier.... uhhhh there is nothing more precious to me than this! I love it! Then to pick her up and go put her in her crib and watch her slowly drift off. Ill take some of that!!

1 comment:

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...