Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

Mothers Day has always been a great day to me! I just really love the whole idea of it. But this year... being my first mothers day with a child was fantastic!! I feel a sense of pride in what I have accomplished in that past 9 months, and I have so much more to go and I love the thought of that. I can only imagine how my mom feels having raised 5 kids and having 3 of them out on there own making a life for themselves... and havin 2 gradbabies and 2 more on the way! You did (and are doing) great mom! I love you and hope that you had a wonderful mothers day! I hope that one day I can look back and feel even more pride in the work I have done in my kids.

Ok... so being a mom to this little girl that God has graciously blessed me with has been pretty much the best 9 months of my life. My whole life I have only wanted to grow up and get married and be a momma. Never wanted to be a Dr. Never wanted to be a princess, never wanted to be a dentist all I wanted to do was stay home with my kids and be a mom to them. And I am fulfilling that dream! I never thought that day would come and yesterday as I looked back on my life... I couldn't help but to think... man.. Im doin it! Im livin out my dream! I cant imagine life without this kid... what did I ever do before her??? She has been the most joyous, most frustrating, most beautiful, sweetest, most wonderful thing to me and I love her to death!!! 

Don t worry, I wont bore you with a million pictures of us... just wanted to share these 2.

Dont mind the drugged up look on my face...  This would have to be the most amazing feeling on the face of the earth, as im sure you moms know!! First time I get to hold my little girl!


and of course now. Look what I have done! She is still alive and healthy! :)

I hope all you momma's mothers day was as wonderful and blessed as mine was!

oh goodness, I almost forgot... now to brag on the husband who kinda had a part in this...

ok.. Nat has a little trouble with the sweet, romantic, surprise me with flowers side of marriage.. you see that MARRIAGE... when we were dating... he surprised me with flowers and jewlery and he was so gushy and sweet... it was all a fake to try and get me to marry him... and it worked... and it stopped the second we got married! BUT... something has changed. As you all saw a few posts ago, he brought me flowers when I was havin a bad day and looky at what he (totally 100%) surprised me with for mothers day. I am a pretty sneaky little person so I usually kinda know what he may be up to this time I hadn't a clue!

Do you see that Kay's box down there... its real!


In case you cant tell, its the open heart thing (ya know on the commercials) and its got 2 big hearts and 2 little hearts and it represents us and our 2 kids. Isnt that sweet??? I couldn't believe he thought to get me something like that!

We stopped by to wish Granny a happy mothers day. 
this is Madelynns first day out of the hospital with granny. Just thought the before and after was neat!

Are my posts to long??? sorry if they are... I just have so much to say every time I start typing.... Almost done.

Thanks to everyone who said a prayer for Nat on Saturday. Turns out that he did not pass the test which was quiet a shock to us. We were both pretty upset about it. Kinda just wondering why and where to go from here? For now, the plan is to get a job wherever he possibly can and he will try again next time the test rolls around. No one knows when that will be, so we just have to keep an eye out for it! If anyone hears of any place hiring or anything let us know! He needs to get a job asap. 
 
I will leave you with this sweetness. Madelynn absolutely loves my littler sisters. She could sit and stare at them all day and be completely happy with life. Yesterday, she was cuddlin with her Aunt Kay and it was just about the sweetest thing. 


ok. now I must go accomplish something today... Having an unemployed husband around your house doesnt make for much getting done. I need to go do laundry while he is in town. I am sure everyone around here would greatly appreciate it! Have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. sorry about nat's test. we will be praying that the next one will be SOON!

    can't believe how tiny madelynn was!

    Happy 1st Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful mothers day!
    see you a in few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy mother's day to you mara!!! it just gets better from here!!! what a good hubby you have...very good Nat, very good!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...