Saturday, May 23, 2009

Zoo

On Thursday, we left town and headed to FT. Worth to go to the zoo! I have been wanting to go for awhile now and we were finally able to. Nat and I are both directionally challenged, so we thank God every day for our beloved Tom Tom (GPS.) We cant go anywhere (out of town) without driving around lost atleast one point in time. Sadly, even with the tom tom. Its bad. What we learned this weekend is dont depend on your navigation device to save your life. I turned it on when we got close to Ft. Worth and its tellin me that were in Guam, and no where on there was the map of the US. Valerie told us that we needed to update our maps so we did, and thats what happened. Thanks Val. :) So I will spare you the FOUR HOURS (not even kidding) of driving around looking for our hotel and just say that tom tom is dead, after hours of frustration and agony and a trip to target to get a USB chord, there is nothing. We'll have to get a computer genius to help us and if not... we WILL be buying another one. and I dont like Ft. Worth anymore. I have seen enough of it

Ok, I wont put all of the thousand of pictures that I took but I'll share a few from our trip. Pretty much all we did was go to the zoo and hang out at the hotel. We had very little spending money so I wasn't about to go shopping! It was so nice to just relax. There was a restaurant in our hotel so we ate there a few times. Nat was the honorary guest of the day so we got 50% off our dinner and a free meal at breakfast so that helped alot!  and of course we swam. We had a great time. Last little vacation before Nat starts working and before baby #2 arrives.




this is all Madelynn wanted to look at. Most of the time she couldnt care less about the animals. BUSHES! how exciting.



Just about to close to a gorilla! If he really wanted out, I bet he could do it. No bushes to see so she actually looked at this guy.

I usually like to stay behind the camera in case you couldnt tell... but here is one of me and her. Not to flattering. It was hot.



SHE SMILES! :)


Since I last blogged... Madelynn turned 10 months, and I will spare you the oh how time flies speech... but it does. She claps now and dances when she hears music and of  course, she is crazy crawlin and pullin up everywhere. I am very much so looking forward to her walking. I know you dont hear that to often but... when your in my situation, walking is a good thing.


I got Madelynns room and closet all cleaned out which is something that has been nagging me. I finally got the urge to clean and get it all straightened up. By straightened up, I mean in the corner of her room is all the 'baby stuff' that I have thrown over there as she has outgrown it, rather than putting it all up and getting it all back out in a couple of months. I went through it all and rearranged her room to be able to fit another crib, or bed if needed. And the closet... oh that closet. We have 2 closets in this house. One in her room and one in ours so there is zero storage space in this house so alot of it gets put her closet, but not anymore. Its clean and beautiful. I got all the little boy clothes together and all the little girl clothes out and ready. So Im ready! Last thing to do is to get the car seat settings ready for a newborn but that can wait since it still gets used from time to time.  Yes, I still have 3 months to go but... after Madelynns birth and having absolutely NOTHING ready for her to be born I wanna be more than ready. Plus I just felt like it and who knows when that will happen again. :)

3 comments:

  1. wow - that gps this in weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...did madelynn keep that sun hat on all day?? That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you had a great time...isnt it wonderful? i mean when you finally got there that is =)

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...