Sunday, December 20, 2009

makes me smile...

When Payton was born and Nat brought her to me for the first time, the first thing I remember saying was "she doesn't look happy" I know... what a sweet thing to be able to tell her when she older huh??? Well... when your all sorts of drugged up you can't really 100% take credit for every word that comes outta your mouth. But.. it really was a concerning thing to me at the time. Why, I dont know... seeing as she was just evicted from her nice warm, dark, squishy little home into a place where she gets poked as soon as she enters, gets things stuck down her throat and up her poor little bitty nose, and the lights... oh Lord all the lights... I think I might be a little ticked off to.
Is that not the saddest thing you ever saw????

Anyways... In case you never saw Payton when she was littler, she had a little wrinkle right above her nose that made her look like a grumpy old man so I always told Nat I just dont think that she is happy with her life... cuz the look on her face was pure unhappiness. And it really bothered me alot.

She was EXTREMELY... (and I can attest to this) squished down low while she was cookin... when they did the C-section, they had to push her way up from where she was way down low and... i'll just say it hurt. Took the breath right outta me and the sad part was I was completely numb and drugged... so that being said, that is why her face was so squished... and why she had the old man wrinkle that made her look so unhappy. Little did I know that she would be the absolute happiest, most joyful, full of life, sweet spirited little girl I have ever seen, and Im not just saying that cuz she is my baby. She honestly is all those things, she has been talking and cooing since she was little bitty. She even smiled early. All this while she was in some pretty bad pain from this kidney reflux that she has had since she was born. I know how bad a UTI can hurt and I can be a baby about it... but seeing her, you would never guess she was hurting all these months of her little life. One morning while we were in the hospital and the Dr came in to check on us and share some news with us he said these sweet words that i'll never forget. Payton was laying on the bed just smilin and talkin away and he said "man, I cant believe how happy she is, she is in so much pain and yet she still smiles... I wonder if when she is over this if she will be even happier... is thats even possible." I was so blessed to hear those words said about my little girl. I hope she stays this happy FOREVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...