Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sweet

This afternoon, my mom came and picked up Madelynn and took her to Midland for Micalea's basketball game. She got home around 9:15 and Payton was already in bed. She had mumbled sister a couple of times and a little later, Payton had woke up and was crying so Madelynn looked up at me (I was busy ironing... like any good wife would be at 10 o'clock at night) and started jibber jabberin and ever so often she would say sister and she took off to Mine and Nats room (that is here P naps during the day) and she ran back out with this baffled look on her face and she got my attention and asked me to come and see. This is a common occurrence in our house. Any time P cries, Madelynn is very in tune to her and she will come and get my attention and make sure I know her sister is crying. So I went in my room and told her sister was sleeping in her crib because it is night night time for you guys, so she ran across the hall into there bedroom (keep in mind, this whole time Madelynn has a grin on her face from ear to ear.) and she ran over to P's crib and I picked her up and put her in there and they both just giggled and laughed and talked to each other in their secret language. After I got P outta her bed and brought her in the living, I put her in her bumbo on the floor and Madelynn brought her: a sippy cup, my water bottle, a toy, went and got a blanket and covered P up, went and got her favorite book and sat by Payton and flipped through the pages with her. Seriously nothing sweeter than that moment we got to watch. Uhhh it was the sweetest thing EVER! That was the first time they were away from each other and they both knew it!

I really haven't felt that they have 100% "clicked" as sisters. Duh Payton is only 5 months.. .and I didnt expect them to be playin barbies the day after we got home from the hospital... but tonight really showed me that they clicked... for sure!

I also learned how boring, and easy one kid is! Like seriously all afternoon I had nothing to do. No one to talk to me. Two kids is double the work, and double the tiredness, but its double the smile, double the love, double the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...