Sunday, February 28, 2010

Miss Independent

Madelynn has become just that. Slowly but surely. She is gettin to that age that she wants to do everything all by herself.. and we just don't exist.... until she gets herself into trouble that is. She is climbing on everything that her short little legs will possibly allow her to. She is jumping off higher things, becoming a little more of a dare devil. She is just about done with her highchair and almost always wants to sit at the big table by her daddy. Its fun to watch, but also hard at times... like when she's just gotta do it herself and you just gotta let her, and watch her fall, and learn.

There was a jar of baby food on the table that I had planned to feed Payton once I got Madelynns dinner ready also... but before I knew it, Madelynn was climbing up in the chair, had the spoon in hand was ready to feed her sister. But of course, that "hard part" of me letting go of my clean freak-ness, no stains on the clothes-ness, and watching the whole, messy process got in the way and I proceeded to "help" and Madelynn let me know very quickly that she wanted to do it herself. So... I told myself, just let it go, she has gotta learn (something I tell myself 4800 times a day)... and I gotta get over it and let her make a mess. (I am learning, and letting go!!!!!!) So I did just that, and much to my surprise, she did it just about as perfectly as a her little body could. I had to show her you can't turn the spoon over or the food will fall off and after that, she was very careful to keep the spoon turned up. I was so proud of her.


P.S.... So Madelynn has her little kitchen that she got for Christmas and she often stirs stuff up for us to "taste" and when she gives me a bite I always say yuuuum, or mmmm. So you hear her doing that to Payton every time she gives her a bite. :)

when all was said and one, this is how everything looked.




Now before you go thinkin its all grins and giggles 'round here, she also had just about the biggest accident she has had in her entire life. When all was said and done feeding sister, I got everything cleaned up and proceeded to finish up with her supper. I turned around to the fridge to get something, heard an extremely loud crashing sound, followed by a humongous cry... probably the biggest I have ever heard from her. Turned around and saw the chair that she was in had fell straight back, she was standing with her belly against the back of the chair... meaning she fell straight on her face. Her fingers were all smashed between the edge of the chair and the floor, she has a huge knot on her forehead, busted her lip, hit so hard she bled from her top tooth. Poor thing! I felt so bad for her. But all seems to be ok now, bruise on forehead is nice and purple and fingers are all moving. After that she was so upset she didnt want to eat... or do anything but sit in my lap. We eventually went ahead and had a bath and that calmed her down a bit.
nice little bruise starting to form... Before bed, it was already a deep purple.


Ya'll see anything different about this picture??? Probably not... cuz its not your kid, and you probably don't even give a dang... but I do. :) Payton is sittin up in the tub and not in her little bathy thing. I loved this milestone with Madelynn... but this is definitely way more fun! They both had a blast. She slipped and went under one time (oops.)

1 comment:

  1. Mara, I enjoyed the video.....so precious, and priceless! well done. : )
    They grow up so fast don't they. Sounds like you are taking in every moment.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...