Thursday, February 11, 2010

New. found. love

Every time we go to wal mart, we take Madelynn back to look at the fishies and she goes crazy!! She walks up and down the tanks lookin at the fish, studying them, talking to them. She could seriously stand there for hours!! It is not a fun thing to try and get her away from it!!! (I just got this genius idea!!! They need to start a little day care in the back of Wal Mart where the fish are. Drop 'em off and go shop. They can page you over the intercom if your child acts up.) Ok... anyways, sorry bout that. But seriously isn't that a fantastic idea?!?!

So Nat and I were like hey, we got a tank out in storage, why dont we get it and fill it up with fish so she can enjoy them at home too! (and.... after 2 years of marriage, we both win! He gets his fish tank and I get my blanket rack) thats another story for another day tho... So we did just that! Got the tank all set up, and last night we ventured out to petco to buy some fish. After we selected our little beauties, we brought 'em home... and the girl went goo goo over them! It was so cute. She just wanted to sit there and watch 'em, It took a lot to get her to go to bed. When she woke up this morning, I asked her if she wanted to go see her fish and started giggling and got outta bed and ran in the living room. Hopefully this enjoyment will last awhile for her.


the water is still a little cloudy... I wonder if that has to do with nasty SA water???


(my) the sucker fish

and this is my personal favorite. Isn't it beautiful??? and wouldn't ya know this was the only fish that we didnt get 2 of. I definitily wanna go back and get a few more of these.


and wouldnt ya know, there all still alive!! I was soo worried we would get home and they would all die. Fish can get kinda expensive so I was not looking forward to flushing a $5 fish down the toilet.
We'll get more fish slowly... just got a few to start us off.

In Payton news,
(dont mind her hair.)
She has been fussy and unhappy lately and not eating well at all, so I just KNEW that it was leading to something! yesterday, after her nap she woke up screaming and I could tell that she was definitely in pain, and we could not get her to stop. Nothing was making her happy. (now I know why she wasn't eating, and wouldn't take her paci.) Later that night, I felt that she was a little warm so I took her temp and she had a fever. It was what I had dreaded would happen at some point. We prayed that it WAS NOT a UTI and that she would not have to get a cath done and that we would not re-play that horrible time in our lives. We (barely) made it through the night with her! Poor Nat slept right through his alarm and was late to work. So I called first thing this mornin and they wanted me to go ahead and bring her in even tho her fever was not too high. We eventually found out that it was just an ear infection. Praise God!! It is sooo nice to say it was just an ear infection. He said he would check her urine if I wanted him to and I said no thanks!!! We were sooo relieved! Thanks to everyone who prayed for our baby. God hears your prayers!

Anyways... we are on the mend now. Just got a little runny nose. Got some ear drops, and some antibiotics. Now hopefully she wont do like her sister did and get worse, and not have to be on 24 different medicines before it finally cleared up the infection!

2 comments:

  1. Ok! LOL I totally love fish and I used to have a fish tank at work but I had to get rid of it. So I have some fish advice for you. Get guppies. Guppy females give LIVE birth to their babies!! So you will all of a sudden have all these teeeennnyy tinnnny baby fish. Now - this sounds awful BUT the "natural order" is for them to get eaten. So you can get this thing to put the babies in, but what I did was buy some really furry plastic grass that floated and they all "hid" in there. But b/c they have so many babies its good that some of them get eaten. LOL!! The male guppy is GORGEOUS, yellow, blue, orange. I had so much fun with them. Sucker fish is awesome! If you fish die I think you can take them back to Pet co. Alright! I am done. LOVE ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice!!! We did get 2 male guppies. Nat said they breed like crazy so he didnt want a female.... then once we got home he said, maybe it would be cool if we got a female one that way we could get lots of guppies. So we may end up doing just that! You are right!! They are beautiful fish.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...