Thursday, May 20, 2010

22 months and 9 months

Not that 22 months is an exciting age... and not that I'm gonna go on and on about Madelynn and where she is at in life... Just wanted to say one thing about that... 2 years=24 months. 24-22= 2 months until MY BABY TURNS 2!!!!!!!!! That is so mind boggling to me. Pretty sure I just had her and we just got home from the hospital and were adjusting to a newborn. Oh wait... is that her, sleeping in a big girl bed, paci free, talking to me... yep, it is. Excuse me while I go push the pause button on my life.
"uhh mom... I'm to cool for this"

My little Payton is 9 months... which in turn means that in 3 months, she'll be 1. Add that to the mind boggling list.

-20 lbs
-size 12-18 months clothes
-7 oz bottles
-still waking up in the night. 2 am and 6 am. (Oh Lord help me.........)
-Crawls like a monkey
-pulls up on everything and is walking around the furniture
-stands on her own for a few seconds at a time.
-100% eating solid foods
-had the worst diaper rash I have seen in my 22 months of being a mom.
-loves her big sister and tries to do everything she does.
-got her 2 bottom teeth in.. and if I'm not mistaken, she's got some more comin in already.
-sweet and cuddly.
-still crazy and won't sit still for more than 2 seconds.

little blurry... but you can see the drool and snot that we have had a lot of here lately.

So... in case you can't tell, I have been kinda slacking with this whole blogging thing. Don't really have an answer for that. That being the case, guess I'll fill ya in on whats been goin down. Which is really not to much. Nat has been doing some work on my parents house so alot of our time has been spent at Lowes, and my parents.

Me, I made 23 weeks on Sunday... seems as if I hit the half way point and everything slowed waaaay down. Baby is doing awesome and he definitely has his active moments, and sleep moments... The girls were never like, on a schedule.. I just remember feeling them moving any random time of the day. This little guy on the other hand, I can tell you down to the minute when he's gonna wake up. I am gonna say thats a good thing. Maybe he'll actually be a good sleeper rather than a horrible one like his sisters.

I registered the girls for moms day out this morning and I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me is so excited that they'll (mostly Madelynn) be around other kids/ppl. Like I always said... my child when never be the one that when they're dropped off, I'll have to say "I've never left her before so Im not sure how she'll do." Sure 'nuff... looks like I'll be speaking those exact words. Oh well... I just really hope that she does ok and it is a fun thing for her, and not something she will dread. Payton on the other hand... really couldn't give a rip about being away form me (for a short amount of time) so I know she'll do fine.

How 'bout our mall getting a Childrens Place?!?! I'm beyond thrilled about it!! I was pretty bummed when Old Navy closed, but I think I'd take a Childrens Place over Old Navy anyways. I went and did a little shoppin and was in heaven. I wanted to buy everything (but didn't). I'm glad to finally have a good kids clothes store.

I have been just awful at taking pictures lately too... I am blaming all my horribleness on being pregnant. :) But anyways... here are a few pictures.
Madelynn loves to be outside... it is usually a huge mistake to open the front door so I have to be careful and wise on my decision to walk outside for something. We usually spend a good amount of time outside every day so I had been wanting to get her something to actually do while we were outside. She was perfectly fine with just walking around doing nothin... but I thought she might enjoy a fun outside toy. So I had been kinda lookin around for one and my MIL came across this at a second hand store and it was quite a steal!! We have already got more than enough use outta it. She slides anything and everything she can find down. She has had so much fun with it.

We have had fun inside with it too. :)

Another outside thing that we have come to love is this little water mat thing. We got it last year, but it was the end of the summer and Payton just being born didn't give us any time to pull it out. She enjoys it. It is just perfect for not getting to wet.

She spends most of her time trying to catch the water in her mouth.
(Note: please don't judge the mile high weeds in our front yard. Between not having our lawn mower for weeks, Nats severe asthma attack making him not be able to do anything active, having a stubborn husband who refused to ask for help, and the rain... we had no time to mow. It has since been mowed, weeds killed and pulled. Thank you for understanding)

another.trip.to.lowes

The more active Payton has been, the more Madelynn has let her wiggle her way in to play with her and be around her without getting mad at Payton. I often make them go play in their room while I'm busy doing something and it has been quite enjoyable for the 3 of us. The other day I walked by their room and saw this:
and it about melted my heart with joy.

So precious!!

1 comment:

  1. oh that last pic was so cute. every now and then i see cash and jedd actually playing together. it's really really sweet. i can't wait until they are like 5 and 6 and can go run around outside together while i make dinner or something. that's a sweet time that i'm really looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...