Sunday, May 23, 2010

Letting go

If you know a whole lot about me, or you could possibly have figured it out by reading my blog and seeing my pictures, but I am a matchy, organized, perfectionist. I can be kinda anal about my girls clothes. Everything has to match. Shoes, outfit, bow, its all gotta flow... and if it doesn't it stresses me out!! I know, its RIDICULOUS!!!! But, its just the way I am... can't help it. I'm like that with everything, its not just my girls clothes.

Towels have got to be straight. Refrigerator clean, straightened up and organized. Freezer organized by type of meat. Beef on one shelf, Pork on another, and chicken on another. Pantry has to be organized where I can see everything. Every single morning when I get outta bed I have to make my bed, then go make Madelynn's bed. Toys gotta be picked up if they're not being played with. Constantly putting stuff back in its "home" because I can't stand it any other way. Table cleaned off, no dishes in the sink. Some people are just this way.. and I am one of them. Does it drive my husband crazy?? Most of the time, it does... but he accepts it. Does it drive me crazy... you bet!!! Do I wish I could just let things go and let my house be messy for a few days. Absolutely!!! and some days I have to force myself to have a messy home!!! Is that silly or what??? I guess only another person who is a little anal can understand this.

Ok... now that you know how anal I am about my life/home... We can go on.

Little kids like to be independent and do things on their own.. like picking out their own clothes.. I've heard it said many a times "so and so picked out his own clothes today" so I basically knew that the day would come that my child would wanna do the same thing.... and today was the day. She wanted to pick it all out on her own.. and I let her!!! She looked ever so lovely in her stripes of every color.


and I was able to just let it go and let her be HER! We even took a trip to Target lookin so lovely. :)

and as if she didn't look awesome enough.. had to throw in her new shades.

She makes me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...