Friday, June 4, 2010

A chore? or a privilege??

It has been a C-R-A-P-P-Y week here at the Rose household. For several different reasons. Hence the reason I have stayed away from blogging. Many a times I have sat down and started to blog but just couldn't torture you with what I REALLY wanted to sit down and {rant and rave} write about.

I don't know about you, but when pregnant with both girls, I had pelvic bone pain really bad. With Madelynn, it didn't start till about the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. With Payton, it started about 34-ish weeks. It is a horrendous pain, and nothing (that I have found) can relieve or help it. Sitting makes it worse, and doing anything, like walking, cleaning, laundry, standing makes it worse than worse. Laying flat on your back is the best relief. Tylenol schmilenol, its worthless to me.

With THIS pregnancy it is a complete NIGHTMARE full of aches and pains. Its this ^ pain x 20. I am a total mess with the thought of going 13 more weeks like this!!!!!!!!! I cannot do anything at all or I will not sleep at night because I will be in so much pain. So since I don't have the choice to not do anything, I don't sleep at night and I am in excruciating pain all day long, and all night long. Pain to the point of tears. Not to mention, to add to this pregnancy I now am having sciatic nerve pain. Which as anyone who has ever experienced that, pregnant or not pregnant, knows that that can basically ruin your life!!! I know I am complaining and I'm terribly sorry about that but I just gotta tell you that to start what I really wanted to blog about.

Anyways... so all this pain that has been going on, I keep off my feet as much as possible to keep the pain to a minimum, but like I said, there really is no real relief for it. I am irritable to say the least. Nat kinda slapped me around a little (not REALLY slapped me around, but told me something I didn't wanna hear and I took it as verbal abuse.) He told me how horrible I have been treating the girls. (ok.. not really verbal abuse. Just honesty.) and I really had to check myself and apologize to my girls. Then I got to thinkin about the week, and how it has gone and he was right, I haven't been the mom I usually am, the mom that I strive to be. In my defense, when your in pain, you don't see straight, you don't think straight... But, it is what I have to deal with until this baby is born so I have got to take this and make the best of it. Instead of being annoyed with my girls while I'm trying to sit and relax, how 'bout I take the opportunity of a lot of sitting to play and laugh with them. To enjoy them every second I can. To take in and cherish there little smiles. To sit down and watch Toy Story 48 times a day with my little Toy Story lady. To consider it a PRIVILEGE and not a chore. Sure, some days motherhood is a chore... But I really need to work on seeing my life as a privilege right now. So many people can't even have their own babies and just look at me, all I have to do is take birth control and I get pregnant. So many people have to drop there kids off at day care every single day because they can't afford to not work, I can stay home. No, we don't live high on the hog, so to speak, we do without and I am perfectly happy with that cuz I get to do what I wanna do every day of my life!!! So I am challenging myself for the next 13 weeks to make the best outta this no fun time of life.

Now that I got that outta my system. I'll be 26 weeks on Sunday and other than the severe pain he is causing me, everything is going fantastic!!! He is a movin little guy and I have a sneaky little feeling he is big. At least bigger than my girls were.

Here are a few pictures of our week.
Ok, I lied, for some reason my computer is being rather strange today so it is not letting me up load my pictures. I'll keep trying and will have a picture post for you next time!

1 comment:

  1. oh mera! i know you're in pain. i can tell...and i know this doesn't help, but...i'm really sorry it has to be like that for you. all i can tell you is to maybe spend the money on going to see dr. wallace. he really might be able to help you. it won't be long, and mr. stets will be here and it will all go away. hang in there. you can do it! you're the strongest person i know! honestly...you are.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...